Distant
[html]

Backdated to November 29 >.>

WARNING This thread contains: strong language and a sexual reference... That is all >.>

More than a month had passed since Noss's arrival in Cour des Miracles. He had kept well out of anybody's way but Strel's, sticking close to the redhead or otherwise staying in or near what Strel called the Chien Hotel. Other wolves came and went, but they paid him no mind, so he did likewise. Instead, he spent his time bantering back and forth with Strel, watching the other wolf work with the cloth, and sharpening a stick. Yes, sharpening a stick. It was one of the most basic activities for a warrior to learn, and when Strel went out without Noss (not that the warrior minded; he couldn't be around the other man all the time) he needed something else to fill his time. He wasn't sure how Strel's other packmates really felt about him--especially when he used a knife to do the stick-sharpening--but he didn't really care so long as he didn't get Strel in trouble.

It was the morning before when the thoughts begin to take full form. I shouldn't be here... I should be out trying to find Ralla and bring her home, not getting involved with the natives... As much as he enjoyed Strel's company--every kind or taunting gesture, every piece of clothing he masterfully created, every word--it was those exact pleasures that scared Noss the most. He could not get attatched. He was to fulfil the boons he owed Strel and go home with his sister in tow, forgetting about Nova Scotia in its entirity. Could I really do that...? Thick-headed and proud, not even the warrior could deny or hide emotions forever. Only his sister knew how soft he could be, and how easily he would bend to her whims if she tried him hard enough. I can't let that happen with Strel. He could not let the other into his heart so much--not nearly as much as he had inattentively let the redhead already--for fear that if the other asked for more than the boons that Noss owed him, he would listen. It's not as if he's doing anything other than being a guide to AniWaya, and we were both satified with that night... He gains nothing from my being here. He does not truly need me here. If I start now, it won't hurt when I have to leave. Right...?

With stern resolve, Noss let the day pass as if any other, even as his words grew fewer. The night turned into day again, but he did not participate as openly as normal in Strel's comments, instead grunting and sharpening that same stick to a twig. At first, Noss had felt that his attempt at distancing himself from the other would work--a lie if he every heard one--until the tension in the sewing room later that evening was so thick that the knife Noss had could cut it.

Warrior walks. "Warrior talks." Warrior thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.Fuego b {font-weight:normal; color:#51aa8a; letter-spacing:1px;text-shadow: #a0dfb8 1px 1px 1px;}
.Fuego-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#a0dfb8; text-align:center;}
.Fuego p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Fuego{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#001926; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... Noss-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #205047; padding: 5px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: Tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#205047; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Fuego-border1 {width:402px; border:1px solid #001926; margin:0 auto;}
.Fuego-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:5px dotted #51aa8a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread