Distant
[html]
500+
Strel probably won't tell Noss he cares about him in that sense for a while :x

Strel gave a dry, dry laugh, hands clenching on the edge of the mattress. Was it so easy to tell when he was lying? Or did Noss's words actually have merit and a basis? No, couldn't be. There were plenty of things that Noss had no idea of nor any inkling of. And the fact that the redhead had been rather uncertain about where he stood with the other man, it caused his sleeping patterns to change as he accommodated for another person staying with him at the hotel. Lately, the nest of blankets the redhead had accumulated had been pushed off the bed as he tossed and turned in the middle of the night. Half of it was laying before him, all tumbled up. He leaned over in a sudden compulsive mood and took one of the lighter, smaller blankets into his arms. Holding it close, Strel twitched an ear at Noss as the man explained his first kills.

That did not really bother him as much as he would have thought once upon a time. That had been Noss' job and he could do nothing about it then, just like Noss should never be surprised when Strel cuts apart old outfits; it was just what he did. It meant nothing, either of these things, but the redhead felt that it was unrelated. There were so many more relevant things to be concerned with now. Shaking his head, Strel sighed as he lowered the blanket back into his lap. "No, and it has nothing to do with this. It doesn't bother me. But there are plenty of other things." Strel just didn't want to admit that he did not feel as strongly as Noss, or at least would not say he did, or anything close to it. He did not even know himself. He wasn't sure. Why risk it?

If Noss wanted to play this game, then Strel would oblige. Raising his head a little bit, eyes closed, the redhead put his thoughts together. "I am three and a half years old. I have slept with four men, probably more that I can't remember," he started, lowering his head back into the blanket. "Four of those men there was no relationship. One I was half-raped. Two of them are gone from the pack. One I lost track of. And the other nothing came of it." If that wasn't a good indication of his track record, then the redhead had no idea what was. "My record is rather bad. I wouldn't trust myself." There was plenty more to add, like how he was a drinker and how he could have sworn his most "unknown" couplings had to have been under the influence. If Strel knew what he had done when he was drunk, he would have spiraled into depression. If he knew.. if he knew he was a father, he would have probably lost his mind from the thought. Whatever he had done, he did not want to know about. But he still would not stop choosing to drink. What would Noss think of that?

<style type="text/css">
.princeoflove b {font-weight:normal; color:#872b84; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #da74d7; }
.princeoflove .ooc{text-align:center; padding: 5px; font-family:ariel, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#6a9ccf;text-shadow: none; padding: 1px 1px 7px 1px;}
.princeoflove p {text-indent:15px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px; }
.princeoflove .border {width: 400px; border-bottom:3px double #7fb9e2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.princeoflove {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#fffcd7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... flove2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #7fb9e2; padding: 185px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#83bbe2; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px #657d8c; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread