Hello world
[html]
Hokay, because I'm only now getting the time to get this up, is it alright if we backdate this to December 7th? Otherwise, Bris will literally be on the verge of bursting at this far overdue, lol! Also, this is open to all members of Dahlia de Mai, since Bris considers them all her family and trusts every single one. My only request is that Libri be able to reply with Conor first! Big Grin And Krisluff, I wasn't sure if you'd like for NayNay to already be there helping Bris out with the birth (I'll admit I'd like that a lot XD) so I didn't mention it, but feel free to! I'm thinking that Nayru and Conor would be the only ones in the room during the event, and everyone else would be allowed in after if they want to! Wink Good lord this OOC part was rambly. <.< Librifluff, if you mind the slight pp, let me know and I'll edit it!

WC: 767

The time had come, and Bris was scared to death of what exactly that meant. Earlier in the day, the white Dahlian had realized that the life that had been growing inside of her womb was now ready to greet the world, and she'd walled herself up in the comfort of her second-floor bedroom. With a little help, the mother-to-be had arranged the room into a comfortable, cozy stage for the birth of hers and Conor's children, and now it was happening. Bris lay on her side on the large, queen-sized bed that took up one side of the room. It seemed the most natural position for what was about to occur, and all she could do was concentrate on keeping the labor pains under control.

The suffering was bearable, because Bris knew what the pain meant. Soon, very soon, the white woman and the tan alpha of Dahlia de Mai would be able to greet their children and welcome them into their extended family. Though she'd remained reserved and withdrawn for most of her pregnancy, the Stormbringer was fairly certain that most of the members she was close to knew by now just what was going on in the second-story room in the alpha's large Victorian home, but she also knew that each would keep their distance until they were invited near. Bris' heart pounded against her chest as another pain took her, but she raised her eyes calmly to Conor as it passed. Bris was terrified, even though she knew that wolves had been having children long before her own birth, but she had no doubt that the father of her children was even more frightened than she. After all, fear had been his first reaction at the news of the white woman's pregnancy. Yet Bris knew in her heart that Conor's fear would pass with time, and she was willing to help him and support him in every possible way until the Packmother called them home.

Bris smiled softly as she watched Conor. "The way you're acting, you'd think you were the one birthing them!" Her last word was cut off as another pain lanced through her, this time accompanied by a very different feeling. It took less time than Bris would have thought, and the first of the alpha's litter was out and sucking air into her tiny, newborn lungs. There were blankets scattered about the bed for the puppies' arrival, and the new mother grabbed one and quickly cleaned and wrapped the baby girl warmly. The tiny pup's heart beat strongly against her chest, and she was already mewing for her first taste of the world. Tears streamed down Bris' cheeks as she beamed at Conor. The pup was a seemingly perfect blending of both parents, her now-clean coat a creamy white touched by heavy accents of mocha. "Look Conor, isn't she gorgeous? And she's ours. I think it should be you who names her."

Eternity hung for a few moments as Bris marveled at the miracle in her arms. She had been there for the birth of Kol's and Elliot's children, but it had been different. Her nieces and nephew had been stillborn, a tragic, common occurrence back among the Stormbringer clan in the midst of war as they'd been. Bris and Conor were lucky, and the young mother knew it. Yet almost on cue, another pain seared through the white woman's belly, and the second tiny form entered the world. Passing the firstborn girl to Conor, Bris reached for another blanket and scooped up the new puppy, but it was obvious from the beginning that something was wrong. Where the first girl had been active and hungry in her first motions, this newborn was limp and silent. The mother's smile faded to sorrow, and she felt new tears burn her eyes as she tried to warm life into her second child. The tiny girl gave no sign that she felt her mother's touch, and Bris knew in her heart that she was trying in vain. The tiny bundle of mottled browns and creams had never drawn a breath, and the Stormbringer's heart sank. The cold logic that such a loss was a common part of such things did nothing to help her overcome the sense of failure that gripped her heart. "Conor...I'm sorry..." The woman's mismatched eyes were glassy with tears as she regarded her beloved's face. Oblivious to the loss of her sister, the eldest of the two pups mewed and whined in her father's arms, utterly perplexed as to why her first breakfast was being denied her.

Table by James!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread