So Far, So Good
[html]
OOC: Thanks! IC, I'm assuming that Shawchert's in lupus form? If not, I'll change this....

Slade nodded slightly in greeting, intimidated by the size of his greeter, but he managed to not shrink back. Besides, he wasn’t being threatened or spoken to harshly, was he? The wolf before him was like those characters that were big but friendly, gentle giants. And here Slade was, being the character who jumped to conclusions. He didn’t mean to slap labels on others, but somehow he found himself doing this inavertedly a lot....

Gathering his composure once more, he cleared his throat and replied, "Hi, Shadowchert. My name is Slade Auctor, and I was hoping to join your pack." He managed a smile, and made sure to keep his eyes averted. He wasn’t used to acting so formal, and telling his name to a stranger as soon as they met, but it had to be done. Again he had to remind himself that looking overly nervous would do more harm than good.

His mind began racing, as he thought about things he would use to introduce himself better. More likely than not, he would be asked how he could benefit the pack, or maybe what his talents were. Talent; that was what had bought him here, correct? He was a storyteller, and if he learned enough he could become a writer. He hadn’t heard of any other pack that revolved around canines with various artistic talents, and he was looking forward to hopefully being a part of this grand group.

And there you go, Slade told himself, looking ahead. You need to stop doing that. His thoughts were lightning, and they all came and went through his mind quickly after he had finished speaking. There were certainly disadvantages to having an active imagination, and this happened to be one of them. Sometimes, Slade really wished his mind wasn’t so much of a wanderer....

Table by Noelle
[/html]

Messages In This Thread