A ghost in a graveyard
[html]
Sorry for taking so long to reply. The holidays were crazy.

The black female closed her eyes and shook her head hard, trying to keep herself in the present. Some days it was so easy to forget when and where she was. She was slowly regaining control, and began to feel embarrassed.
"He.. drowned. Cheron was the happiest and smartest wolf I knew... But he died. How could it happen...?" Voron trailed off as she remembered that horrible day. "My family used to say that if a wolf drowned, his soul would be trapped in the water. It's my fault." Full of guilt and saddness, she sighed and turned away slightly. She knew that she probably appeared a wreck, but she was too emotionally exhausted to do anything about it. If it bothered Axelle, she could leave.

For the first time, Voron noticed that the other female was pregnant. The black wolf's ears pricked up and her mood lifted slightly. She didn't have much experience with pups, but they fascinated her. She had seen so much death that she clung to what symbols of life that she could. "You're lucky," she said with a nod towards Axelle's belly."You carry life within you. Sometimes I think I want to take a mate and have pups... But I'd be a terrible mother." I'd probably kill my pups in a fit of madness... Or forget about them completely. she thought. Her own mother wasn't particularly great, but in her own way she had loved both of her children. Maybe not equally, but in the end she had protected Voron. A vision of her mother's bloody face and terrified eyes flashed across her vision; the last memory she had of her. The black wolf winced slightly, for the image carried with it the pure terror she had felt as a pup fleeing her family.

[/html] 

Messages In This Thread