A ghost in a graveyard
[html]

He'll be back to visit soon. Axelle's words echoed in Voron's mind. The black female layed her ears back against her head and gave a small whine.
"I-I've heard him before," she whishpered, not quite sure why she was trusting this bicoloured wolf with her secrets. Maybe it was because she sensed this female
had secrets of her own. "When I lived alone, his voice would come to me on the wind. At first, it terrified me. I thought his ghost had come back to haunt me; to punish me for letting him die. But after a while... I forgot to be afraid. Today is the first time I've ever seen him though."

After she said that though, she realized it wasn't true. The night after he had died, she had seen his reflection in the window. Cheron's fur had been soaking wet, and his eyes dull. Voron had run screaming from the room to seek solace in the arms of a mother who had no pity left in her heart. She had later thought it had just been a nightmare. Now she realized that maybe it had been the first shadows of the insanity that had gripped her today.

Seeming to realize for the first time that she stood on pack terratory, looking at a loner, Voron spoke, "What are you doing here? This is pack terratory..." Voron trailed off, knowing that she wouldn't challange this pregnant female.

[/html] 

Messages In This Thread