ain't nothin' gunna break my stride
[html]

Gah, sorry it took me a bit! <3 SSWM: 645

Clover was here! Sage's world was coming together right before her eyes, and she only hoped it would get better from here. If she had seen Daddy, knew where he was, then they could all live together and be a wonderfully happy family, right? She could not contain her excitement, and was nearly shaking with anticipation for her sister's stories, and simply for her presence and voice, here, now. They could do anything, now!

"Oh, I’ve been lovely," Clover responded gently. "Yes, I’ve seen Daddy," she added, curiously without saying any more.

There was no time to consider if there was a reason for Clover's lack of elaboration, and Sage's mind certainly did not fit these thoughts in as she smothered her sister with adoration.

"I'm so glad you're here, Clover! Oh...you have no idea how much we've missed you." she said with a glance to China, hugging her sister tightly, hoping she would not disappear before her eyes.

Sage was so immensely happy at the idea of her other sister being here that she had completely forgotten there was yet another member of her family present. It wasn't until Clover turned her own attention to the dark, jackal-woman did Sage gasp in regret for her ignorance of the girl. Clover introduced Sage and China to Sepirah as her sisters, and as Sepirah introduced herself, an apologetic expression fell across Sage's face.

”It’s a pleasure to meet you both. I am Sepirah Jendayi Lykoi.” the ebony girl said with a small bow. "And you two lovely ladies are?” she asked.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for ignoring you, Sepirah! I hope you don't think poorly of me," she said, her eyebrows creased with worry. She never meant to hurt anyone's feelings, but she felt she may have this time, even if accidentally. "I was just so excited to see Clover..." she trailed off, clinging once again to her sister. "Anyways, I'm Sage River Lykoi!" she announced, straightening up once again now, and gave a small bow in return to Sepirah, grinning broadly.

Sage thought Sepirah must have felt slightly awkward, walking into a sort of family reunion, here. But it could have been a huge reunion, if more Lykoi had joined! Maybe another day would be better, for that. Sage hoped she would be able to catch up with the dark jackal girl again. Still, the tawny Lykoi girl regretted hearing Sepirah's next words of departure.

”Well it was a pleasure to meet you all, but I have a patrol to do. I’ll catch up with you all later.” she stated simply, turning and heading away just as quickly as she'd come into the scene.

"Okay, bye...! See you soon!" Sage called gently after her, her voice serene and hopeful.

Immediately, as the other girl left, Sage found her attention hungrily on her sister once more, her yellow eyes begging for stories, for the truth, for anything from Clover.

"Let us sit and catch up," suggested Clover, leading the two other girls back to the hot spring ledge they had previously abandoned.

Sage nodded an eager response to Clover's suggestion, not willing or able to hold back her slew of questions.

"So, tell me, how is he? Where is he? What's he doing?! And...and...well, just tell me everything!" she managed to blurt out, nearly bouncing in place in anticipation. Her age had seemed to receded, and she acted just like the little girl she had been not so long ago.

Sage allowed Clover to lead her over and she sat, in the same place as she had before, with her legs drifting over the slight ledge she had found. The warmth and moisture of the air was so soothing, and she felt that this scene could not get much better as she retrieved an already-rolled joint from her purse nearby. She sparked the tip of it, inhaling deeply, and then passed it to Clover as she exhaled, happy to share the plant between the three of them once again.

<style>
.sage-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-z29 b {color:#120A02; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-z29 {background-color:#A86D31; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/sageriver.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4D2F10; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sage-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread