Light of Sagittarius
[html]

I thought I did o.0 OH NOES! I'M LOSING MY MIND! ... On the other hand; can't lose something you never had @.@ AND DO YOU SEE THIS? THIS is a SoSUWriMo post! I shoulda waited T-T

When Kemo walked closer to her, Ralla felt her body go stock still, her breath still even. Kemo's size was not overly bulky--leaning more to lean muscle--but she had been so used to his lupus form and their almost similar height that she had forgotten that, in optime form, he gained the height advantage. He was so close, and she looked up into his blind eyes, an eerie feeling that he could see her there, even though she knew it was impossible. Maybe not... Alaine had said it was all in his head...

"I care...because that's the way I am," she replied in two breaths, getting a little nervous with the way Kemo was starting to behave. "No wolf should be left alone or left to fend for themselves; it's not in our nature. We may fight on a challenge, but in the end, we fight together for each other; in all instances." Oh how blissfully innocent she was. Yes, she understood there were bad wolves out there. But did she understand the magnitude...? No... She had never come face-to-face with a truly evil wolf, and so her mentality remained that, if that wolf were sick or dying, she would help them. Doing otherwise...was, in her mind, cruel. At the same time, the reason she gave him was not true...not quite. At the very least, it wasn't all the truth. But how was she supposed to explain a feeling within her that not even she understood?

She watched him move away again to the hollow in his tree, fishing around for something. She saw him pull out a bag and some paper, sit on a rock, and begin to assemble something. The leaves resembled the tobacco leaves that Chief Dawali used and that she knew were used for spiritual ceremonies--or for pleasure, as she had lately witnessed--but they had a slightly different scent; a tang that stuck to the back of her throat and nose. She stood silent as she watched Kemo skillfully wrap the leaves in the paper--the dexterity suggesting he had done it many times before--and as he lit the end with a match he had procured. She was momentarily fascinated by the match--a thing she had not used before but seen other wolves use--before that scent increased tenfold, slowly filling the air with a strange aroma. It clouded the air, blocked her sense of smell, and muzzled her mind.

In complete relaxation, Kemo smoked the strange leaves as if they were talking about any other topic, but Ralla was unused to this heady stupor and had to shake her head a few times to get it straight. Where did Kemo get that...? Not that she wanted any, but she had a feeling that it wasn't good for them... Not in the long run, at least, since that fuzzy feeling was beginning to affect her mind's clarity even more. It's just like that time with Talitha... Oh yes, she remembered the liquid fire; the drink she had thought was poison but didn't kill her. In the end, it had made the world turn completely upside down, and she had woken up feeling sick the next morning. So it was poison, in a sense, after all.

Setting her face and narrowing her eyes--that habit of courage that was more a facade than true valor--she walked quietly to Kemo and squatted so that she was on level with him. "That can't be good for you," she said. Although tobacco wasn't good for one's health either, she knew that tobacco didn't cloud her mind as much as this new leaf did. It was one of those rare times that common sense helped her deduce herbs...in an amateur way. "Kemo, nothing happened. Like I said; there's nothing you can't do that I won't forgive." She repeated that statement, not even thinking about if he had committed murder or any other heinous crime. Ralla just couldn't see the world as so dark all the time, and she couldn't see Kemo as a part of that darkness. She remembered divining his star-sign; Sagittarius, the light and darkness. She remembered the omen of his birth and his paths of possibility. But of what she had seen, she felt so certain that the light in his fate would win out. It had to. "I'm a big girl, Kemo. I can look after myself, too." There was a fact she hadn't been able to face at first. She always felt young and inexperienced next to some of her tribe, but gradually, she was growing into her years. Four months had made all the difference of her growing, and then, there she was; second rank in her Path, surrounded by a tribe and friends, and certain--for once, and maybe only for a moment, certain--of what spring would bring.

It disappeared as characteristic doubts flooded back in, but her voice held steady through the fog. "You seem so intent on pushing me away, Kemo. Please don't. I came here to celebrate with you today. One thing I can tell you is that the moon's visions are subjective. They can be changed in the blink of an eye by one small action. But although the visions are given to me, I can't see my own future, remember? And even if it did mean you, I'm tired of others making my decisions for me. I will follow my Chief and the moon, but I won't let you convince me that I can't be around you." Her heart had melted when he had mentioned his worrying about her. She reached out with a calloused hand, palm-up, for Kemo. "Give me whatever that is, Kemo?" She said it with a gentle prod; not demanding, only offering. Although his demeanor had changed a little, the man in front of her was still the same Kemo she had met. That became her mantra.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread