Light of Sagittarius
[html]

OOC:XD It's ok at least you know you're going to kick ass on the contest Big Grin SoSuWriMo:1,217 words (I took out Ralla's 15 word statement (shown in blue below, 6th paragraph) from the word count because I wasn't sure if that was cheating >.>) Also..*howls* my first, I think, 1,000 word post :3

Kemo wasn't quite sure what Ralla's reaction meant to him coming closer to her, but for some reason when he was standing near her he heard her heartbeat speed up. Was she nervous? Excited? Why would she be? Was he intimidating her, or was it something else entirely? He never really knew what would happen whenever this wolfess came into his life, but one thing he did know for sure was that she always managed to brighten up his day. He couldn't be sure what her reaction to that would be if he told her, so he convinced himself to remain silent about his feelings for her, for the moment, at least.

Her words, despite the slightly breathless way she seemed to say them, struck a chord within his dark heart. He could almost feel the passion and honesty within the words and it made him smile, seemingly for the first time for a reason that wasn't evil in the slightest, a truly happy smile that only she could possibly bring to such a monster. "That may be true Ralla, and thank you for saying so, but I'm afraid I'm beyond what you are saying. Wolves do fight in packs, together, but there are some wolves that thrive on being alone, some that aren't worth fighting for. I could be one of the latter, but I suppose it is in the opinion of the judger. Evil has may faces Ralla...some familiar, some not so."

He sat leisurely on the rock, taking generous drags on the joint as he kept his undivided attention on the female that was so determined to stay with him. Kemo hadn't thought twice about how Ralla would react to him smoking cannabis, but then again he hadn't cared in the slightest what anybody thought about him smoking it. Sure if she had simply asked him not to smoke in front of her, he would oblige, going somewhere private for his smoking sessions just to make her happy, but so far she hadn't said a word. It was only after he had gotten about a quarter of the way through his tightly wrapped package that she finally said something about it.

The moment she had said it he had smiled, but the combination of the words and the heightened sense of humor the cannabis gave him caused him to laugh. He laughed for a while, so much so that when he finally regained himself and tried to take another hit, he realized with dismay that his joint had gone out. No matter...Easily fixed.

With another reach into his bag and a flick of the wrist against the tree trunk, the match was lit and his joint along with it, exhaling the smoke with a satisfied sigh. "Ralla...this is just as bad for me as anything in this world. Every time I take a simple drink of water I gamble with the Moon for sickness. A simple walk through the woods can turn ugly if I just so happen to set paw on a snake. Standing under a tree could be a drastically different experience if that tree just so happens to fall. One wrong word could cause a fight which could lead to harm to me or others. You see? The world isn't good for you. This-" He shook the joint slightly. "Is the least of my problems for the moment, but if you don't wish for me to smoke in front of you, just let me know, and you will never see it again intentionally."

"Kemo, nothing happened. Like I said; there's nothing you can't do that I won't forgive." That caused him to almost drop his joint. What? The words replayed back in his mind and he just couldn't believe the implications of that statement. How far exactly did that go? Did she really mean it or did she not have a clue how dangerous this world really is. He honestly debated on telling her everything he had done, everything he still planned to do, or anything that he didn't plan to do but still happened to him, just to see if she would take that sentence back and modify it or change her mind completely. Would it really be possible for her to forgive him, no matter what the crime that he did? He doubted it...he really did...but then again...

Thankfully, his thoughts were interrupted for the moment, and he decided to pursue that statement at another time, taking another drag from the joint. "Ralla, I know that you're a big girl, Ms. Super Tough Wolfess, but I always feel an overpowering urge to look after you, to make sure you're all well and good. I'm not exactly sure why I feel this way, but I do. You can take it for what it is, but since you're so intent on not letting me push you away, you're stuck with it now." He smiled, looking directly at her. He was able to do this now through a practiced searching for her heartbeat and breathing, but distance and other factors still heavily affected it.

The speech was small, though it really did say a lot. The evidence all pointed to something that was quite obvious and clear to him now, but most of all what she said..it was right. She wanted him to stay. She wanted him to be around her. Even through all he did the Moon had returned her to him and he was given proof of his destiny once again. Kemo smiled, abstaining from another hit for the moment. "I won't then. I won't push you away anymore Ralla, never again. I'm merely trying to help you, to look out for your safety and well being by pushing you away from me, but it seems you're as stubborn as I am, so I will no longer push you away. What you said brought some clarity to my mind, and I thank you for that. The vision will just have to remain a vision for now and we'll cross that river when we get to it. I'm sorry that I took one of your visions and used it in the way I did. I was foolish, I suppose, but I just wanted to make sure you would be safe...that was and is my primary concern."

He had said the words easily, as if this was common knowledge between the pair. He wasn't really quite sure what to make of what had happened since she had arrived to give him his gift and visit him. It had certainly changed a lot of views within his mind, and his opinion on how Ralla felt about him. She didn't hate him, at least. His ears perked up as she suddenly asked for the object in his hand. He tilted his head in curiosity, looking up "at her". "Why do you want this?" It wasn't a particularly unwanted situation, but it nevertheless got him suspicious. Certainly there was the possibility that she was going to grab it and toss it into the woods. Of course he would be angry, but he was really curious as to what she planned to do. So it was with only slight reluctance that he took one more puff from the joint and handed it to her, waiting patiently to see what she would do with it.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread