Light of Sagittarius
[html]

Good point o.0 The effect would've been lost >.>

She pouted slightly, midway through her impromptu-washing, after hearing him chuckle. He couldn't possibly know what she was doing, could he? Then again, she was making enough noise to guess... Maybe... Was not seeing better than seeing better in the end for her ego? When she had returned to his side, the look did not escape her, and she once more wondered how a blind wolf could be so facially accurate. She reminded herself: He had not always been this way... "Um... Please, just ignore that... You see, we had a celebration for the pack yesterday, and I was covered in red paint. So, um...I didn't want the prey to be able to see me as clearly..." Ralla, usually so eloquent, was stuttering over her words. How quaint.

His person became animated as he recalled the caribou that had indeed been aplenty in the Moon Tribe. They had been on the closer side to cousins of elk, but their species was close enough to that of a caribou. Not like wapiti were exactly caribou either; their exact classification could be grouped with the herd animals that the two had been used to. Too enraptured in Kemo's enthusiastic questioning--or, rather, the shift in his mood from gloomy to excited--Ralla took no offense--as was what was proper--from the reminder of her past. She was putting it all behind her, slowly. Yes, it still terrified her--the possibilities of ever having to go back and stay--but for now, she was in a place she called home, and all evils were gone for the moment. Still...she felt a bit nervous hunting the wapiti with Kemo. They were fast, and their hooves were sharp. How would he pinpoint the weak ones? How would they coordinate? Ralla supposed she would have to follow his lead and support him, convincing herself to have more confidence in this wolf who had survived for two years by himself.

"In the AniWayan territory, there are large, caribou-like beasts that we call wapiti. Since I'm AniWayan, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem at all if we hunted together. Follow me," she said, brushing past Kemo and stopping every so often to make sure he was following. At that point in their relationship, she understood that the measures she was taking were usually unnecessary--and would be a hinderance, if she did them while hunting--and that Kemo could get around by himself well enough. Sometimes, it was as if his blindness only discriminated against color and shape, not space or object. True enough; if we go hunting the wapiti, I can't be making excess noise for him to follow. The wapiti will be making enough noise of their own, but they'll hear anything foreign. As she led him along the metal, chain-link fence--searching for the break in it she usually used--she kept a lookout in the distance for any sign of the wapiti. They usually did not near the fence-line, but keeping a sharp eye was always a good idea. She soon found the break and led Kemo through, beginning a trot in the general direction that she knew were the wapiti's frequented grazing grounds. With fall swiftly turning to winter, the last swathes of dying grass were precious to the herd animals. With any luck, at least one would be weaker and hungrier than the rest; leaving for an easy kill.

Her trot soon became a sprint--slight paws barely making a sound louder than the pitter-patter of heavy rain--as she led Kemo on, looking back every so often to be sure of his following. She marveled and admired his ability to keep up and maneuver as she did, as if he were following her scent and steps to the closest detail. Smiling, she called back as much before she cut off more speech, nearing the grazing grounds. "Impressive, Kemo!" And then they were there, on the hill overlooking the grazing grounds of the native beasts trapped within the Serena Reserve since before the time of the Long Gones. They had flourished within their captivity--never over-hunted by the AniWayans, kept in balance with the seasons and abundant resources--and Ralla could remember her first hunt there vividly. She had stood and kept a doe in distraction, and had been proud to even help fell an animal. She twitched her tail gently to Kemo's shoulder--a sign for silence--as the two crept forward to overlook the crest of the brackish grass.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread