Light up the night
[html]

Merry (insert holiday of choice here) Everyone! Egg Nog or Hot Apple Cider all around: word count: 430

It felt good to have the friendly conversations amongst family once again, and Ascher could not help but smile broadly as Shiloh embraced him. It felt like it had been forever since she had been in his life, and there was no way that Ascher was going to let her disappear again. He smirked at her food assertion; she could have been right if Gideon had not been preparing for what seemed weeks for this special occasion. Ascher knew he was starving, and so were his brothers, but Shiloh at least was eating first, and truth be told, Ascher would not have eaten before she did. It was just proper manners. And whenever his sister was around, Ascher made sure his manners were better than other times.

Ascher had also hoped that others would have joined them this evening, but since it was really a coming of age celebration for the four of them, it really did not matter if more wolves joined in. It would still be nice to include others in the festivities, however. The dark cinnamon male returned to the event at hand and resumed his participation in the goings-on. To Saul's statement, Ascher could not hide his interest in the slightest, ”You're building a house? Wow, that's amazing! If you need any help with it, I'll do whatever I can. Oh, I went to Halifax yesterday morning and just got back. I had heard that there were things there like the herbs around here. I was interested in finding them.” Then Ascher had to dig at whatever his big brother had planned this evening. He skewered a few pieces of meat kindly cut already and began roasting them near Gideon. The taste of fire on food made it worth savoring, and Ascher was going to put his gnawing hunger in check just long enough to cook his food to that flavorful level. In the meantime, the young Stormbringer prodded his brother with questions, ”Thanks so much for the food, brother; you're awesome. ... ... So what did you have planned, eh, Giddie? Where are you hiding the gifts? I bet we're all wondering that, right Shiloh? Would you like to know what Gideon was thoughtful enough to get us all? I bet I'll treasure it until the day I die, because Gideon is an amazing brother like that." Ascher was grinning ear to ear in both amusement and anticipation. His food beckoned him to stop pestering his brother and the wolf started nibbling on the hot meat that had started to drip juices and begged to be eaten.

[/html]
~ Table by James ~

Messages In This Thread