After Hours
[html]

Table ♥ Nuki

OOC: o: GASPETH.

That ever dreaded silence was upon them again, dragging down high spirits and deafening the reverie with its mutely burning atmosphere. Sylvie was shot with a feeling of partial enjoyment at Caillen's question, glad to report to him on his mother's whereabouts. "She was called to assist in a birthing nearby... I am unsure of what time she'll be back." That last bit was true, though its addition spoke of connotations neither would admit to at this tense point in the conversation. His lack of response regarding her own question, after all, was more than enough to send the young woman into a defeated masque, ears lower than usual despite their floppy appearance. Animosity speared its way into the air as the mute speech took hold once again, giving life to the shadows without a sound.Sylvie watched Caillen, violet gaze tracing the ever changing patterns of slate and navy upon his spine, tenderness overtaking the originally shattered bearings of the orchid waves. He had grown so much since she truly could look at him... even if all she could survey at the moment was his hindquarters.

And what nice hindquarters they were!

Sylvie fought felt a slight blush pool beneath silky chocolate fur, heating her face to scorching in the frigid air. Caillen finally broke the silence once more, dissipating the heat from Sylvie's expression with a simple ease. He... he was apologizing? Sylvie blinked a few times in surprise, thoughts whirling in a tornado of confusion, happiness, and acceptance. It was no wonder that she forgave him so easily after what she had done to him, but the idea still felt a touch nostalgic. Was it right to forgive so quickly, even if the transgression was not terrible? Sylvie decided she cared not.

"Oh Cai... vous inquiéter trop. As long as you understand where you went overboard, well... that's all either of us could have asked for." Of course, she was referring entirely to their brawl, that fateful eve where all that seemed grand became ruinous in simple seconds, dancing on the flicks of a dagger'd tongue. At least now, though the air was still heavy, dredging up thoughts that could cause the same ending as that night, things were civil. There was no yelling, no fighting, no physical damage... and that was all Sylvie could ask for. As she mulled over this, the silence dragged on again, but this time, instead of Caillen being the one to speak... Sylvie did.

"Caillen I... I apologize as well... truly I do... for my... many transgressions." Once again that vibrant amethyst gaze was upon ivory footpaws, having abandoned the markings of Caillen's backside in favor of something a little less... throat constricting. She had missed so much of his life by being a traveling traitor, escaped her fears and worries by leaving them all behind her. Running was never a way to deal with problems that worked, she had learned, and with that in mind, Sylvie was determined to never run away again. "I don't expect you to look upon me with forgiveness... but I can at least say that I feel better having tried." A tiny, nearly inexplicable smile creased the edges of slender maw, as dark lids fell half-way over wine-colored orbs. She did feel better having said something, at least.

Softened gaze slid over to her foster-sibling's position once again, maw parting as if to say something else, before simply allowing a sigh to escape between alabaster daggers. Once more soft lips met one another while mind furiously decided what she could be warranted to say in this situation. She finally fully grasped the meaning of her feelings for the massive hybrid, but this... it wasn't the right time to come forward. Like their last meeting so many moons ago, when they reunited after first discovering the other was capable of shifting... she had so wanted to exclaim her confusing ideals about the boy then. Instead they remained tied up within herself, lost in the turmoil surrounding the startling mix of adoration and heart-pounding animosity she had felt with him that eve...

Finally, she had understood. Finally it made sense why he was the one she always wished for whenever something went awry. Finally it came to light why her heart leapt into double and triple time when she was around him, why her thoughts suddenly became ridiculously unsure when he looked her way. She loved the brute, whether he ever returned the feelings or not. And here... here was the time she would find out if he could stand her. Certainly, he had apologized for his actions their last meeting... but had he found another in his time away? Had his heart finally come to its senses and deemed her unworthy...?

Or did she ever have a chance with him in the first place? Turbulent plum gaze continued to stay locked on the slate and ivory male as she awaited his continuance of their conversation. What... what was his decision?

<style type="text/css">
.sylvie-birdsg b {font-weight:bold; color:#2e3e29; }
.sylvie-birdsg .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.sylvie-birdsg p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sylvie-birdsg {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#D2F3C6; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Sylvie_Birds.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #202e24; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; border-radius:12px; -moz-border-radius:12px; -webkit-border-radius:12x; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#466857; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #729B66; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread