Wintery riding
[html]
SSWM: 444

The man’s words met her ears and Nayru couldn’t help but feel relief. She had known, of course, that this was not the father of her beloved Range and Melee, but fear was a fickle feeling and even in the face of logic it could rear its head if one’s heart was really invested in something. The names he gave her were only vaguely familiar, familiar in the way that anyone’s name was if they resided in Dahlia de Mai. Not unknown, but they were not among those Nayru saw or spoke to often. Which was not uncommon for the lass, who spent much of her time alone, and if not alone with a few select individuals. All of Dahlia de Mai and its inhabitants were precious to her, but she did not know them all on an individual basis. She did not know his children as anything more than names, but it seemed that for this meeting that would be enough.

"I’m sorry that they are not here to greet you themselves, but I can assure you they are alive and well." And though she could not confirm this knowledge with stories of seeing them or speaking to them she knew it to be true. Had anything happened to children of Dahlia de Mai so young she would have known, for if Conor had not told her she would have found out, one way or another. The comings and goings of the pack members were more closely monitored by the black and white lady than most of them realized. She knew when the numbers declined and why they did, and usually she knew where those who deserted the flower pack went to.

Nayru did not know where the children and their mother stayed, and even if she did she did not feel at liberty to offer Niro access to them if they did not come when he called. The woman did not know why the father of a Dahlian litter came from another pack, but she did not ask him any questions on the subject, merely turned curious eyes upon him. Truly he seemed a kind creature, only wishing to see his children, and Nayru wondered why they did not come. Perhaps they were only slow in responding, it was the only optimistic idea she could offer. "To have come all this way and not see them is a shame. Perhaps they will come, I can wait with you here if you’d like. " Other than that they girl did not know what to say to the man, and she only stood there, waiting for him to decide the rest of his day.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread