Wintery riding
[html]
SSWM: 513

Although the man did not seem to have faith in his children’s appearance that day, he lingered, and Nayru settled in to stay with him. Her crimson eyes watched him closely, wondering about the male who had fathered children to one of the litters of Dahlia de Mai. What had brought him and the Dahlian lady together in the first place? The girl knew very little of their mother, the woman was missing from every pack meeting Nayru attended and their paths had never crossed by chance. The only clues to her or her children’s existence were their scents littered about Dahlia de Mai, clinging to the trees they walked near and the ground they stepped upon. Yet Niro’s words seemed resentful, though he said little, and Nayru simply bowed her head to him. "I am unfamiliar with your situation." The words were light and hesitant, barely there so that if Niro chose he did not have to acknowledge them. Nayru would never ask directly, that would have been rude and it was really none of her business, but she left the floor open for Niro. If he wished to tell her anything more of his children or their mother Nayru was there to hear it. And if not she did not mind turning the conversation to a more familiar topic.

Niro spoke of Dahlia de Mai, and his limited knowledge of the pack. And as with all that were unfamiliar with Dahlia de Mai in a more intimate way, he seemed only able to recall the recent war. The patch work girl bowed her head, her voice trying to find a little volume so that these words more than any other would stick. "That war happened before I came to live here and has been over for more than half a year. Dahlia de Mai has known peace for many months now and may it know peace for the rest of its time." How weary it was to always speak of that war, the one she hadn’t ever known, but so often it came up. So often the past shadowed the present and Nayru found herself sucked into a time when she did not even know of Dahlia’s existence. She would prevent anything like that from happening again; she knew that it was her calling to stay in Dahlia de Mai for just that reason.

"Sadly I know little of your pack, so we have this in common. How about we play a game? You tell me something of Cour des Miracles and I will tell you an equivalent fact of Dahlia de Mai. Then we switch, I’ll tell you something and you tell me. " She smiled then at the male, her face more youthful and friendly than it had been before. Though still formal in words and manners her actions could at times be whimsical and childish, and it was now she decided to let some of her reserve down. Games had always been fun, as had the quest for knowledge, and so rarely did she indulge in either anymore.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread