My gift is my song
[html]

SSWM: 511

No words passed between as the three waited for others to arrive and Nayru was comfortable in their silence. Gideon was the next but the boy kept his eyes diverted and try as she might Nayru could not make contact with them. He sat away from them and Nayru watched in vain as Conor was the one to rise and speak secretly to the man. Nayru, although she did not understand why, wanted to be the one to move to his side, but in deference to Conor she kept her place alongside Saul, staring at Gideon futilely, trying to catch his gaze and throw a kind smile his way. Yet the opportunity did not come and soon she found Melee at her feet and her attention was effectively diverted from her best friend.

“Melee my dear, always rushing about! Have you used your endless energies to help feed the pack this year, or will I have to wait until next Hibernal for such an offering from you?” Her musical voice was kind and teasing at the young girl, whom she had grown to love. Ruby eyes raised to see whom the youngster had arrived with and she saw the woman Nayru could only guess was Layla. Why was the lady with Melee? And where was Saluce? Observing but without question she turned back to Melee, and smiled again. "Is your brother to come or will we have to save him something?" Her eyes scanned again for Range, but did not see the boy and smiled back down at his sister.

More arrived, two woman that Nayru knew almost not at all. One she could identify as the Stormbringer female and the other a complete stranger, both borrowed colors from her own pelts but they did not mix and match the white and black but rather wore them separately. Nayru was about to speak to either but the arrival of others prevented her from doing so and she decided that a meeting at a later time would do just as well. Ascher came and greeted them and Nayru bowed her head deeply to the last Stormbringer sibling, her eyes once more seeking out Gideon's and again failed at this. Conor's voice broke then and the girl's eyes came to him, forgetting the others for the moment.

His words washed over them and seeped into her skin, their meaning sinking into her heart and forcing a feeling she only felt when so many Dahlians assembled at one time. Which hadn't happened often for the young girl. The fire soon lit up and Nayru turned to Melee, indicating the large pile of meat that had accumulated. “And what does my lady wish to dine on tonight? As you can see we have quite the selection.” Her ears perked as she heard Saul speak to Gideon and then moved to bring meat to Melee. Moving towards the meat she selection some different pieces for herself and Melee as well, whom she assumed would be pleased to have both her uncle and Nayru fawning over her.

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread