Settling in
[html]

Sounds good to me. ^^ (361)

Claudius flinched when the other wolf spoke, not expecting this wolf to have such a strong voice. Loud noises – and loud voices especially – always served to startle Claudius no matter how attentive he was. Once Nian continued to speak, Claudius found that he was not as startled by it, but he felt somewhat embarrassed to know that he had reacted in such a way. He perked his ears up when the wolf mentioned he was building something. Given that Claudius was in the craftsman tier of the tribe, he would have thought he would know how to build things like this, especially since he was two years old already. Alas, his skills were confined to dying, which he supposed was a type of craft. He had a small hope that perhaps if he helped this wolf build his den he would learn enough to eventually assist Hemming. Wait, was Hemming even a member of AniWaya anymore? Claudius knew he had helped Dawali build the meeting building, but he didn’t know if the older wolf was still around. He tried not to think about this and instead tried to focus on the conversation at hand. He got distracted far too easily.

Claudius followed the other wolf’s gaze as he looked down at the pile of wood and perked his ears forward as the wolf enunciated his difficulties. He could see how this would pose a problem. Claudius considered offering his help, but didn’t know how useful he would be. He wasn’t too active and didn’t have the muscle mass of most males. He wasn’t scrawny; he just hadn’t been very interested in leaving the den when he was younger. Consequently, a lifetime – albeit short – of lazy decisions left him with a less than impressive muscle mass.

When the wolf asked him about his membership in AniWaya, he felt himself droop a little. He had been a member for a while, but it didn’t show at all. He perked up when the other wolf introduced himself as Nian and Claudius figured he probably should do the same.

“N-no,” he blurted out, somewhat morosely. “I’ve lived here for two years. I’m C-c-claudius. A-aston.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread