Settling in
[html]

No problemo! (253)

Nian organized the branches and looked like he was pondering something for a moment. After that split second, he handed Claudius the rope and suggested Claudius start working on the wall. Claudius fumbled with the string for a few seconds, concentrating deeply, before he got it all worked out and unravelled.

“Okay,” Claudius agreed quickly. He began to experiment with knots and re-arranged the sticks a few times to create the perfect wall. As Claudius worked, Nian interjected. Claudius flinched, not expecting the sudden question. He had been so lost in his own world that this simple little question had shocked him right out of it! He fumbled with his string again and tried to force himself to focus on one thing at a time. He finished trying a knot and then looked up at Nian to respond.

“Yeah, I was born here two years ago. My mom and brother are in another pack, Anathema. My mom left a few weeks ago and… I didn’t want to, so I stayed. I have a sister, but she disappeared. She was always rather flaky and very irresponsible, so she’s probably off doing… something.” He shrugged, and then added: “but I still have Dawali. He’s been kind of a father to me. I haven’t seen him much recently though. But when I was younger, he would help out a lot. My aunt and cousin were here for a bit too, but they left a few months ago.” He frowned and then added, mid-knot: “what about you?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread