the misty sea, it calls to me
[html]

SSWM: 541

"The ocean is pretty sometimes." said Arnette offhandedly.

Sage smiled, her yellow eyes kind and soft as she watched the child settle to the idea of perhaps making a new friend. This girl was so young and so naive to the world around her; it was amazing to Sage that she was once the same way. Unsure of everything, afraid of life beyond the pack. And at such an age, those thoughts were just fine. It was comforting to stay close to home, even if home was always moving and never the same twice.

"It is very pretty." she said, now turning her head to stare momentarily at the crashing waves, admiring the strength of Mother Earth. "It's also very powerful." she stated, hoping to impart some sort of appreciation for the Earth into this girl, who might not remember her for much else but a strange hippie preaching about the beauties of the world around her.

"Mmmm mmm, I don’t like to, I like it right here. I won’t ever leave." Arnette said with quite the stubborn tone for such a young girl. "I bet you traveled far though."

Sage once again in response to the latter statement, and then gently curled her lips at the small woman again. One day, her mind might change; she might want to travel. No one held the future in their hands. Everything could change in an instant. The sandy girl nodded to the smaller gray one.

"The world is a very big place, Arnette." she began, gracefully standing now and walking casually towards the girl. She adjusted her bag across her shoulder, fidgeting with the leather strap briefly before continuing, "You may change your mind about that, one day. Wouldn't you feel as though you missed out, not seeing even a little bit more of this Earth?" she asked, placing a gentle hand on Arnette's shoulder and motioning with her other arm around the landscape. "There are places as wonderful as this everywhere, Arnette." her voice was serene, almost a whisper, her words exaggerated and emphasized so that no one might be able to turn their ears away, no matter what she spoke about. "Some of them are more splendid and exciting than Nova Scotia." Sage added, a broad grin on her face.

Wishing now that she'd brought a more hefty stash of joints, Sage sighed and looked around her, taking deep, appreciative breaths of the cold air.

"I've traveled for almost my whole life, lovely." said the Lykoi girl gently. "I think I might be settling down for a while, though. In Inferni."

Sage had plenty of family there. Her sisters were both there, now. And Daddy was, well...somewhere... The thought made the petite girl's brow furrow slightly momentarily. She still hadn't seen Daddy. Clover had, but only briefly, it seemed. Was he trying to avoid them? That would be very upsetting, if it were true. Even if he wasn't, it was a strange mystery as to why his daughters were so estranged from him.

With a blink, Sage's yellow eyes re-focused, glancing down at the petite silvery child before her, filled with wonder and curiosity. A girl yet unscathed by the hurt that often came with life. A girl who hadn't yet begun to appreciate the worth of that life. What was in her future?

<style>
.sage-dove .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-dove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-dove b {color:#744c54; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sage-dove {background-color:#e8e8e2; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4a4f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.sage-dove-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread