Tracks in the snow
OOC- Word Count- 331. Big Grin

J’adore nodded along as the smaller wolf spoke. He himself wanted to contribute to the winter stores, but of course neither of them could pull and elk alone.

‘Ah, a common goal!’ J’adore grinned. The wolf continued. ‘No, I’m not busy; I’d love to help out. I haven’t put anything in the stores yet either’.

J’adore was sure that between them they could find a nice elk to bring down. The winter had hindered the foliage around the pack lands, but somehow the elk had found enough to survive on.

‘You’re the scout right?’ J’adore asked. He had heard the name Nian around and had only just linked it together. ‘I help with the fire’ he added proudly.

He was only at the starting rank, but it was a title he held like a crown. To him pack and family were the two most important things, if not the same! If you could help you pack in any way you should. And any pack member in need was to be treated like a brother (or sister) and aided in any way they needed.
Hunting would be a good way to warm up in this weather too. In Spain it had normally been quite tepid even in winter. Orleans hadn’t been bad either, nor Italy. But Nova Scotia was bitterly cold at this time, yet not as cold as the Soviet lands. Nearly all the canines he had seen there were decked nose to tail in human wares. Come to think of it he had only seen three who we not. But given that the work non-stop, it would have over heated them anyway. J’adore was glad of his scarf, which he had found he hadn’t taken off all throughout the season, even at night. He was sure everybody would benefit from a nice muscled elk stew, or at least a thick steak.
‘I can make a elk stew, you know’ J’adore added ‘I learnt how to in Zelenograd’.

Messages In This Thread