Tracks in the snow
OOC: Ah, okay. Nian's questions make a little less sense now, but oh well. Big Grin Of course, there are French speakers all over Canada and the US, so we'll just say Nian doesn't yet know the difference between all the different accents.

"Sounds like you've had quite an exciting life. And you can't be much older than me..." Maybe that wasn't quite true, he reflected. He had always been bad at judging age. Certainly, J'adore had seen much more in his life than Nian had. He wondered about the places he mentioned. Some of them he had heard of before, but some of them, he had no idea where they were even located. He had never learned to read, so his information about other nations was limited to traveler's stories. "Did you come here by ship? I always meant to see one of the port towns, but I never ended up going near the coast. I've been to plenty of places in North America, though."

He surveyed the area now, getting his bearings. They were now in the midst of thick trees, with the creek running by on the left. Further down, he could see the beginnings of clusters of berry bushes by the stream, which marked out the beginning of the area he had scouted out previously. He pointed in that direction.

"There are some bushes in that direction where I know there were elk before. They stripped a number of the branches there. I can't imagine that they could have exhausted all of the food there yet, so we should find the beginnings of a trail there."

Messages In This Thread