Tracks in the snow
"You can domesticate elk? I've never heard of that before..." It would certainly make things easier, he thought, although it might encourage a certain sedentariness that he could never get used to. He preferred the AniWayan way, with a few fields and cattle supported by the hunting and gathering lifestyle he had grown used to while traveling. "We can probably find someone who knows about curing in the village. Between them and your books we should be fine."

He moved into the bushes and started to look around at the ground. The snow around the bushes was clear of tracks, but when he moved closer to the stream he grinned. Pointing to the mixed mud and snow near the stream banks, he said, "Ah, see? I knew there would be tracks here." He sniffed the air and caught the faint, familiar scent of elk coming from a distance across the stream. Spreading into a wide smile, he darted through the stream, motioning for J'adore to follow. "Come on, I think I can smell the herd! It's a ways off, but we can cover it if we take shortcuts."

Messages In This Thread