So What If It's Overcast?
[html]

SSWM ATTACK! >:3

J'adore? The name rung an instant bell, and Ralla remembered Nian's mention of a hunt yesterday. "Nian mentioned you, J'adore. Sad that I failed to greet you first." J'adore's oddly humurous memory of being burned made Ralla tick her head to the side before she allowed him into her hut. The walls were decorated with her odd findings and pieces of colorful, woven cloth. A curtain hung off in the back, separating her hammock and nighstand from the 'living quarters'. In the aforementioned room was a rickety table that she had haphazardly drug up the trunk--piece by piece--and fitted. So while it was not securely attatched by nails or glue, it held together nicely enough. Three high-backed stools stood around the table, and two pedastals with candles were nailed into the walls of the hut. Off to the side, under a window, was a covered barrel holding freshly melted snow. Next to that a small cabinet that held the basic tools for everyday living. There was an open hole in the ceiling with a pole holding the flap up for all the smoke to escape through. While it was still daylight, the cloudy day only allowed minimal sunlight to stream through; hence the candles. It was a humble home, but it kept Ralla comfortably enough.

"I apologize that it isn't as grand as some other huts, but it's home. I must thank you again, for offering help on this project. What I was doing was building the platform for an observatory. It's not an urgent addition, but I would at least like the foundation finished by winter's end. Although, as you pointed out, it isn't the best season for building. Wet or much-too-dry timber, snow, slippery surfaces..." she listed them all as she went about to the barrel and filled two glasses with water, setting one on the table for J'adore and sipping the other one. "I have some dried wood under the tarp outside; the one being held up by the tree. While most of it is firewood, there are some planks kept under there just for the observatory. While the observatory does not concern you directly, and you may not know, but I link the Great Fire's power directly with that of the moon and stars. Charting them has told me much and allowed me to gleam many a thing, but it's hard for me to chart everything accurately on the hard ground, or have enough room to keep my tools." She then sat on one of the stools, smiling while motioning with her hand an offer for him to do the same. He seemed a nice enougn fellow, and she was eternally grateful that she would have some help on her endeavor.

"I don't really see how I could repay you with this, however. Even if you are my subordinate, the only way that this connects with the Great Fire would be making another store-space for some of our tools. Hm... Have you learned some of the lore as of yet?" Curiously she quirked an eyebrow, fishing for how far along Ja'adore was in his duties and just how passionate he was about them. She knew that he was not a long-time member, but it never hurt to have some pre-conceived knowledge about one's colleagues and what might interest them. Although, even if he didn't help me, I would still be obligated to teach him the lore and his duties. She thought it a nice way to bond with the new wolf, however.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread