So What If It's Overcast?
[html]

Derp? :3 (That has now become my favorite word ^w^)

Tugging a few times to test the stability, Ralla began to hoist the planks over the branch. She might not have been the strongest wolf--her strength a lean one from running and using an axe--but the pulley system was an amazing one. Even a small wolf could pull the load she was pulling right now just because of the mechanics of the invention (that which she did not know or cared to comprehend so long as it worked). As the last of the planks made their way to the cleared platform--each one being set lengthwise so they wouldn't fall--Ralla almost lost grip of the rope when J'adore suddenly appeared behind her. Regaining it, she hefted the last of the planks with J'adore's help into place. She laughed as he mentioned a ladder. "Well, I actually have a set, but one of the rungs broke. It's easily fixable, I just haven't had the time. Now..." With an unexplained hop and rush, Ralla went back into her hut and got out two...rocks. Yep; plain, everyday rocks. They were the two that she had first used to hammer in the nails on her first hut, since she had never seen a hammer before. Alright, that was a lie. She had seen one before, she just hadn't know what it was or what its use could be. Ironically, she knew what the terms 'hammer/ed/ing' meant. "Here. Grab some nails and start nailing those planks together." She did the same as she had instructed J'adore, kneeling next to the first plank, holding it steady over the branch, and crushing the rock to the nail's head; straight through to the tree after a few good hits.

J'adore obediantly complied, and Ralla remembered to keep up her end of the bargain. "So, the birth of fire has many different tellers and versions, but this is the version that I told Nian a few nights ago..." She began the tale, having to speak up a little as the hammering of the nails made a din. Granted, the tale was less dramatic as the night before, since the Great Fire was not there to mesmerize, but she tried her best to convey the story. Since J'adore was in training as a Gata Hineyu, instead of just a listener like Nian, she stopped in-between verses to ask him to repeat her or to answer his questions. It would be his duty as well to repeat this tale to their pups and tribesmen, and missing details was a dangerous thing. Word of mouth, however common, was often unreliable, as the tellers could easily twist words to change a meaning. Ralla hence prided herself on repeating stories exactly as she had heard them, and planned one day to fully chronicle her knowledge in readable script. That is, if she ever learned proper handwriting...

The tale done, Ralla asked once more if J'adore had any questions. "If you feel comfortable enough, I could teach you another story as well." The day was already mostly gone and the temperature was dropping. The foundation was so close to being complete though... If they could hustle through the last part, it would be done, and Ralla would be obliged to invite J'adore in for something warm to eat, as well as to warm up in general.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread