So What If It's Overcast?
[html]

OOC-derp~ Also magically-apearing-fish-derp >.> (DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fire Prayer by Denean)

She had shook her head when he had generously offered to fix her step-ladder for her. No, that would be taking advantage of rank and kindness, and Ralla wouldn't be able to sleep soundly with herself if she overstepped her boundaries too often. She went through the tale as promised and then was pleased to hear that he own thoughts were confirmed in J'adore's mind. "I think so, too. They may be, but since I can't read or write script, Chief Dawali had to tell me orally." Rubbing the back of her head, the confession of skill was a bit embarrasing. "One of these days it would be prudent to learn the craft... For now, I'm content where I am. Maybe once the observatory's built I'll learn and chronicle the legends there." That brought an image to mind. She could happily imagine herself in the hut by candle or moonlight writing down all the stories and songs and lore she knew, stashing them on the shelves like a repository of vast and glorious knowledge. There was a name for a place such as that; a 'library', as she recalled. J'adore's eagerness to hear more was well-received--alike in voraciousness as Nian's own hunger--but Ralla agreed that they should finish their work before they dawdled elsewhere too much. "We'll finish, then." Steeling her nerves against the cold--secretly feeling the same stiffness in her fingers as J'adore--she worked harder on the foundation. They only had a few more planks and then testing to do before she was satisifed with their results. So saying, as the gray moon began to rise with the sun's rays just shining over the hazy horizon, Ralla walked along the length and sides of their finished foundation, jumping a few times for stability. The planks had a little give, as they were supposed to for flexibility, and so the end result was perfect.

Smiling broadly, Ralla stretched her arms high into the air before pivoting on her heel and facing J'adore. "It's perfect! Thank you so much! Come on, I'll tell you another story over dinner." She then led her junior back down to her own hut and motioned for him to sit down as she headed out to her small fire beneath the tree. She had some fish from the storehouse there slow-smoking from earlier on two small stakes. Looking them over, they were done just right. She didn't know if J'adore was a raw or cooked eater--personally, Ralla went both ways--but she thought it appropriate to have warm food on a cold day. She had not expected company, so the two fish were on the smaller side. It was the best she could do on short notice without seeming rude, though. Bringingthe fish up, she presented one of the stakes to her guest and motioned for him to sit at the table, doing so once more herself. "I'm sorry, again, that it's not as homey as one with a fire. It could be much warmer in here. But again; thank you for all your help. You have no idea how much that's probably saved me." Taking a petite bite of her fish, Ralla began to mull over what tale she should tell. Hmm... Must be pertinant to training, must be pertinant to training...Must be--Aha! The perfect bit came to mind. It was the full version of the prayer Ralla had sung part of to Sanuye when they had rendezvoused, and she thought it quite appropriate to teach to J'adore, whether he sung or not. "Concerning another lesson, let me teach you a prayer. It was one of the first ones I was taught, and should become a basis for other fire prayers." Clearing her throat, Ralla began the song and repeated the process she had done when teaching J'adore the earlier story as well.

"We circle around the fire,

We feel the spirits near.

We know their loving presence,

As we offer them our prayers.

See the gentle smoke rising,

From the earth to the sky.

Sharing each prayer we offer,

With the ancient ones on high.

With the ancient ones on high.

Every thought, every hope,

Every joy, every dream,

Sent upon the sacred smoke,

To the ancient ones unseen.

To the ancient ones unseen.

Hear the voice calling you,

In your heart you know it's true.

Feel the love abound,

Of the ancient ones around you.

Of the ancient ones around you.

Feel the ancient ones all around you.

Yes, the ancient ones are around you.

With love, with love..."

The prayer done, Ralla settled into a posture of utter relaxation. The prayer was one that reminded her of the Great Fire's power and that the Great Spirits and moon were always watching out for her, no matter how many challenges they places before her. It was her duty to convey this feeling to her tribe and keep the Great Fire's power strong. And now she was training J'adore in the same rite. It was surreal, considering how short a time she had been an Otlvna Gata. Sanuye always seemed independant in her training--often doing her duties without need of direction at all--and Oceane was hard to find in the first place. The best she could do was take her opportunities where she could.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread