the storm is coming in
[html]

I'm sorry for the wait!

INCHARACTER

The girl, though obviously not pleased with his request, turned and began to lead him through the territory. Vheissu rolled his shoulders, adjusted his pack, and set off after her, stocky legs propelling him forward with lithe motion. He liked her succinctness thus far, and was beginning to hope that their journey through would be wholly taciturn. The vagabond’s hopes were foiled, however, when her young feminine voice broke the wintery silence. He understood that she had the right to question him—he was a stranger and was intruding on her home—yet an inaudible sigh still escaped his ginger maw and his breath froze in the air. Vheissu allowed the silence to reign for a few moments before he answered.

“I’m following a trail actually, so I dunno,” came his baritone drawl. For the time being their path was the exact same as his prey’s, the all too familiar scent taking every twist and turn they were. Perhaps she had led his quarry through as well. The wolfdog made a mental note to ask her, wondering when it would be a good time to spring the question on her. Some people did not like many questions, especially from strangers. He could understand that. Vheissu hated questions. His feelings did not stop another one from following shortly after however. His lips twitched in amusement at her wordage. He had been called a lot of things—dude, man, cowboy, hybrid, dog, and various others—but ‘male’ he just found silly. Perhaps she was foreign. “Vheissu,” he offered lazily, though his accent disappeared when the name rolled of his tongue. He had realized long ago that properly pronounced, his name sounded strange and enigmatic, but paired with his southern inflections, it just sounded ignorant. When he first adopted it he had practiced for weeks, searching for the perfect way to say it. Finally he had settled on it: “VAY-zoo.” And that was what he offered to the young lady now. He did not ask for her name in return. He figured if she wished to give it to him, she would.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread