Beneath the Rocks
[html]

Word Count :: 692 No problem! Great post, by the way. ^_^ I rambled away at you here, apologies. D:

The sable-shaded woman was not particularly empathetic -- she had yet to form close ties with this pack. Her children and Larkspur were her primary concern, the former far more so than the latter. Were she more able to relate to others, or even relate her own experiences to others, she might have seen something in the other canine's leanness, the faint appearance in Nyx's eyes of some other place before this one and the long journey between. Eris was hardly that perceptive when it came to others, however, and even if she was able to detect these things simply by looking at another canine's face, they would be presumptions rather than certainties. The only things the sable-shaded canine believed in as a certainty was that there were none -- she had been sure of so many things over the course of her life, and later she had been proven terribly wrong about most of them.

“Nice of them,” the hybrid commented. “They sent me off with my cat. If not for him, I would have starved,” she said, matter-of-factly. “Never taught me how to hunt,” the hybrid added, clarifying the story -- of course, the blame for her inability to hunt for herself was shoved off onto someone else. It was not her fault, after all, that they had never taught her anything in Eterne. She had never thought to complain -- spoiled rotten, the sable-shaded woman could not have imagined her future as one outside of Eterne, away from the Kimaris family. Perhaps if she had realized she might one day have to fend for herself, she would have been more vocal in requesting for her “uncles” to teach her things. Little did she know, they were nearly as useless as she -- the type of family the Kimaris were meant none of them knew how to hunt anymore.

“Happens. You seem to be in one piece, though, so you can't be doing so bad,” the woman said, her tone at long last becoming amiable. There was still a general reserved quality to her words, of course -- whatever meager gains the Tuyul had made in growing more comfortable around her packmates, there was still some distrust in her. “So many new scents. Larkspur and I just added to the count, too,” the hybrid agreed, laughing a low, giddy sort of giggle. “We had three pups,” she added proudly. Nyx was the first Eris had the opportunity to tell -- perhaps Larkspur might have told someone, but Eris did not think he'd be the type. It might have seemed strange that the Tuyul would tell a relative stranger such as Nyx about her children first of anyone, but the sable-shaded hybrid did not have family here (that she knew of, anyway); neither did she have friends. It seemed almost fitting, then.

Speaking of such things as power and magic, however, piqued the green-eyed woman's interest, and she listened with rapt interest as the other woman described what the stones indicated. A slight nod of her head here and there indicated Eris's comprehension, and her chartreuse-shaded eyes glittered with thirst for more. “So, this amethyst --” she lifted the chunk of rock still in her hand “you said it aids spirituality? Turquoise? Silver? Gold?” she asked. These were one of the few stones (she mistakenly thought of silver and gold as stones rather than metals) she knew of -- in Eterne, they had used it as a decorative addition often, though there had been no particular meaning attached to the stone. The sable-shaded woman would have found it interesting to learn they were slathering themselves with some ridiculous antithesis of their own beliefs. “And, ah, that?” she added quickly, gesturing to her own neck to indicate the necklace Nyx wore. It was intricate and the coyote hybrid did not have to guess that Nyx had been the one to craft such an item. She seemed well-versed in these stones, and the coal-hued Tuyul could hardly believe such magic and beauty would be found with rocks and stones, of all things. Never before had the woman considered jewelry in such a manner.

<style type="text/css">
.eris-x01 b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.eris-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.eris-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.eris-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... isx1-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 195px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread