Beneath the Rocks
[html]

ooc: yup, I think I rambled on with this one too, no worries ^^

As the healing ointment soothed the cut and eased her pain she closed her chartreuse eyes for a brief second. Memories flooded her mind like an open pool with a flood. After joining Anathema, Nyx had tired to build a wall to keep the pain away, to live in the moment and do what she loved, create. The pain disappeared as she remembered the past, the love she had for her old pack, Jinx; and the love they had for her. Her father, Raza, Alpha, had been away most of the time defending the boarders from another pack. Her mother, Kali had taught her about all of the stones and how to create and use them to one's advantage. Her sister, the healer, everyone. They had all been killed when one day the other pack decided to invade. Her parents where killed, the blood and pain drenched her heart. That's when she took what she could and ran- ran to souls. She was lucky that she knew how to live on her own and fight if she had too. Yet she missed everyone, especially her sister. She couldn't remember the last time she saw her. When they where pups, play fighting probably. Lucky she was able to escape the fate of her pack.

"It was considerate," she spoke a bit distantly in a shallow to coyote hybrid. Then she spoke again, "A cat? They are beautiful and quite skilled at hunting... Your lucky to have her to hunt for you." Nyx had seen them in the wild, they where skilled indeed at hunting. Some had even taken her prey before she had gotten the chance to attack. Still she pitied the dark colored hybrid for not being able to hunt. It gave one such a thrill to feel the rush of hot blood on lips. Yet, it wasn't always the easiest to track an animal and chase it down.

The pleasant change in the hybrid's voice made Nyx feel more relaxed and at ease. "No, I really can't complain. I was able to survive as a loner, but to be honest I enjoy pack life better. There is more.. life so to speak.". She said smoothly to her. Nyx was beginning to like Eris, even though she might seem a bit unfriendly at first. She found that most of the pack she meet was like this. They had suffered hardships themselves and it had sculpted them into a stronger self. Yet somehow, through it all, she had still kept her kind demeanor. This didn't mean that Nyx would trust any one but she found it easier for her to be kind to others.

"Yes, it's insane with all of these scents! Oh my! Congratulations! I bet they are lovely. " Nyx's voice sounded like bells of excitement. She was happy for the female and gave her a soft smile to show it. Nyx had never had a lover before or even thought of kids. But she was happy for anyone who did.

Nyx saw the women's interest in the magic of the stones. This hybrid women seemed so ecstatic to what she told her of the amethyst. It only seemed fitting that these rocks where growing by Eris, since after all, Amethyst was a main stone for spirituality as well as more. She appreciated her interest and soon found herself rambling on. "Yes, this purple stone is in the quartz family. It's also good for calming the nerves, emotional stabilizability, help battle addictions and patience. It is a very helpful stone to have.". Nyx cast her glance to the shattered amethyst bits and chunks that remained on the floor of their home then to the one in Eris's hand. Surely she would have enough to make a few things with and place inside her home. "Keep some of it, I've broken more then enough. In fact it would be good for you have, especially with your pups and all. ".. The mentioning of other stones made the dark hybrid perk her dark ears as she nodded intently. Most of the knowledge that she knew of them came from her mother as well as Nyx's own feel towards what the stones benefited. "Turquoise is actually a travelers stone, keeping one safe and brings grounding. Silver and gold are metals, yet they also offer benefits to the wearer. Throughout time gold has been associated with wealth and abundance. With those own ideas, it brings those qualities with it to the wearer and inspires power. Silver is associated with that of the moon and lunar energies. It also provides protection and protects one from negative energies, encouraging that it be sent back to the sender. It also enhances the power of turquoise. When you put different stones together, they can enhance their own powers. ".. Even those unaware of there power always where helped by the stones that they where. Even those who where drawn to a certain one. It usually meant that they where in need of it's use besides the fact that they found it beautiful. Nyx liked to incorporate all stones in her creations, so everything could contain power for the user. Even if it meant just carrying a small stone in the bottom of a bag.

"Oh this?" Nyx said smoothly as she grasp her own pendant in her hand. It was her favorite piece and she wore it with pride. It was a tear shape labradorite with intricate silver work around it's bezel she had created herself. The stone itself was iridescent changing it's color from hues of yellow, orange, blue and deeper blue. It was sister stones to moonstone, which also contains an iridescent quality to it. "This is my favorite piece. It is called Labradorite. It helps me a lot actually. Some if it's qualities are facilitating creativity, reduce stress and bring guidance in intuition. As well as it's own beauty. " The night colored hybrid smiled as she taught of her passion and played on Eris's willing to listen to her. It was not often that others found this intriguing as she did. Nyx was starting to respect Eris for her own curiosity and wanting to understand.
<

<style>
.nixdark-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.nixdark {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.nixdark b {color:#d5d5a5; font-weight:bold;}
.nixdark {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/85/souls67.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#947e65; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread