Joining
Lifting her glowing eyes to gaze at him, she spoke with more solidarity and confidence than she had before. She wanted it to be clear that she would be an asset. She had so much to give, she could do so much, she just needed a pack to live for. She would not share this part, she feared her loneliness would be seen as a weakness. She had lived on her own and survived, but what's living when in solitude?

"I am a skilled hunter, despite my young age. I have experience tracking as well. Few days have I gone hungry. I can run night and day, be it needed, and I have knowledge my mother tells me is not common. I.. I can read."

Feeling like an idiot, Siku wondered if this was even relevant. Her shining eyes lowered once again as memories flooded her mind. Memories of sitting with her mother in the sun, her mother laughing as Siku sounded words out. Quick learner that she was, and she would pour over the same book over and over, until becoming a master of the words as she grew. But she hadn't read since then. There were no books where she was, and her mother treated the books they had like they were a deer meant to last a winter. The book had disappeared, too. Shaking her head as if to shake the memory, she spoke once more, with a voice a little less sad.

"I have only ever read one book, but it is still a skill I find to be worth mentioning. It expanded my thinking, which leads me to another point. I am young, I am small, but I am full of potential. What skills I already have, may be honed into what could be immensely useful. I could help protect your children, brothers and sisters from the fate that was brought upon my mother. Whatever it may be."

The last sentance came out lame, but she was speaking the truth. She wanted a family, one to protect as she wished she could have done for her mother. She was angry with herself though, never since the disappearance had she let the memories flood her conscience. Perhaps it was her first brush with Wolf contact in awhile that was upsetting her feelings.

"I just want something to fight for."

She mumbled the last part, not even realizing this until she had said it. That was why she came all this way. The realization made her all the more determined to be accepted.

Messages In This Thread