Joining
Siku listened silently as the two wolves spoke about her, her rounded white ears pressed back as she awaited her fate. Her glowing golden eyes opened slightly to assess the situation, and she noted their slightly relaxed, welcoming postures as she lay curled up in the snow. They meant no harm. No harm. She reminded herself this. Siku feared that if she moved, or made any attempt to raise herself higher, it would be construed as Siku thinking she had a place in the land that she had only just arrived to. Her heart hammered as the Alpha spoke to her with a gentle voice. She raised her nose to the air, and a soft sigh escaped her slender muzzle as she shook her head slowly, as if ashamed by the fact that she couldn't write as well. Her next words were a little awkward, the reason being she wasn't sure how to address an Alpha directly.

"Er.... Sir. I'm afraid I can only write my own name. I'm a fast learner, though, and my reading level is rather impressive for a wolf my age, I'd say."

Siku's eyes went from the other wolves' legs back to her own bloody paws. She had forgotten how worn they were, nervously huddled in the snow for so long. The icy ground had numbed the pads of her paws, and slowed the blood flow, which she was greatful for. She wanted nothing to make her appear weak or foolish in the slightest, though she was well aware that her size gave the wrong impression when appearing menacing was her goal. However; appearing to be anything but willingly obedient and harmless was last on her list. As Conor asked her the most important question (In Siku's opinion) he could possibly ask, Siku shivered and looked up at him. Not into the wise violet eyes of her soon-to-be- Leader, but at his chest, her nose pointed low. She spoke loudly, with certainty that laced her soft voice with hope.

"Yes... Sir. It has been long, and it has been hard without a place to call my own. In my short life I have fought hard to stay alive. In all this time, I have asked myself, for what do I live for? I feel it in my heart that I have traveled to the right place."

Siku's head tilted downwards as she lowered herself before the Alpha, and shimmied her body closer to his as she tucked her tail beneath herself neatly. Her heart beat rapidly as she relaxed, and remained as submissive as she could possibly be. Her glowing eyes closed as she took a slow breath of the crisp cold air and spoke a little softer.

"My lifes future is in your hands"

Messages In This Thread