make sure I see white sails, sails
[html]

wc: 3+
SoSuWriMo: 358

Almost immediately, the older woman emerged, and China's smile grew exponentially. Kaena! It was, it was! Gloriously happy at the prospect of being, once more, within the protective embrace of her grandmother, China ran into her arms gleefully. The bone-white tip of her tail sashayed merrily behind slender form, as the steel-cord cables of Kaena's arms enveloped her. Strangely, though, the older woman's frame felt... Different, than she remembered. Older. More... Fragile. The thought that time had begun to conquer the unconquerable Kaena was troubling, and so China pushed it aside immediately. Besides, the fire within her Omi was as bright as it had ever been, she was sure.

Family was happiness. Wasn't that what she had always been taught? Family was everything. And Kaena was here, surrounded by family - Surely nothing, nothing, could hurt them now.

Stepping back from her grandmother's hug, China momentarily beamed across at the scarred woman. She knew that Kaena had loved her father, and between the two of them (and, of course, her sisters) their very presence was sure to make Razekiel show up. Optimism bloomed, a pleasant warmth, beneath her pert breasts.

"Omi," The word was a sigh of relief, "Of course I've come back. I could not stay away, not when my heart's roots are here," With you, my sisters and my father. The smile on her elegant maw dipped slightly towards a more solemn expression. It would not do to act too silly before Kaena. She found herself somewhat craving the older woman's approval, and sought to ease the peculiar burden she could sense weighing heavily on her matriarch's shoulders. Suddenly, her expression became contrite, much like a child expecting a scolding. "I'm sorry I left... It was the war, I couldn't..." It was hard to explain the sense of claustrophobic terror she had experienced in her previous time in Inferni. The war had poisoned everything, and China had felt herself slipping out of the grasp of the Earthmother. It was something she couldn't contemplate. With a chagrined sadness to eggshell blue eyes, the willow-slim girl bowed her head respectfully. "I'm sorry I left you." Family was everything.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread