make sure I see white sails, sails
[html]

wc: 5+
SoSuWriMo: 506

The old woman's reply constricted a small sound of sadness from the young girl's throat, like the garble of a strangled sweet-singing bird. "Oh, Omi! I didn't know..." Her hand sought her grandmother's, wide cerulean eyes drinking in the war-beaten face of her beloved matriarch. She felt distinctly disappointed that such an important figure could be left to rot alone by herself in this stifling, detestable cave. "If I had've known, I would have come to see you straightaway!" There was no condescending note to her sweet tone; China was genuine in her adoration of the older woman, purely because she represented the family that the silver-dappled girl had never known. Could her time lapsed away from this place be made up for by devotion and loyalty? The hippie hoped so, although she did not and would probably never truly understand the concept of devotion or loyalty. She was far too fickle a creature for such things.

Kaena mentioned an unfamiliar name, and China cared little to find out more about it's owner. Such things did not hold her wavering attentions. "Great-grandchildren..." Stunted though she was by Juniper Peace, China was an intelligent sprite, and comprehended the connotations of her grandmother's words swiftly. A delighted peal of laughter, youthful and bright, spilled from the girl's crimson-blushed maw. "Me, have children? Grandmama, not so soon. I have so much living to do, yet!" In this respect, China was notably different to those of Juniper Peace. She saw children for what they were - restrictions. And if there was one thing the girl valued honestly, it was her freedom. She would not be bound by the responsibility of rugrats, not for a while yet if she could help it. Feeling that she had spoken rashly, the Lykoi princess sobered quickly. "But if you are lonely, then... Then, me and Sage, we shall visit you however often you wish us to. You shouldn't be alone out here," It was not that China thought Kaena unable to care for herself - Far from it, the woman seemed capable of caring for the entire pack - it was more that she had an innate distrust for these quiet caves, so far from the warmth of other beating hearts.

To the woman's latter words, the sunny smile returned to pixie maw. "Oh, yes... The air is so much clearer, now. I can breath it again," The sentiments may have sounded silly, but to the earthchild, that was how it was. War had stifled the air, had choked them all from the inside out; war had poisoned the very earth, where blood had seeped down deep. There were many places in the forest where China had seen that things would not grow, where patches of blacksoil seeped life out of struggling foliage. The scars had reminded her of Kaena's face. But now that she thought of it, China found herself curious; That creeping curiosity that could consume her attention so rapidly. "What happened?" She asked suddenly, blue eyes sharp, "What ended the war?"

<style>
.china-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.china-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.china-d04 b {color:#EBFFEB; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.china-d04 {background-color:#4F5D4F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/china.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151A15; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:340px 0px 10px 0px; }
.china-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread