Frosty toes.
[html]

ooc: 810 words. <333

The sly male watched her expressions, her actions, everything that might have read interest in his things. Even a slight, fluttering glance at an item and he'd jump on it to sell to the female who felt as cold as ice. His own orange-yellow eyes glinted as he read what he thought was amusement at his things - and that, to him, was a start. It wasn't disgust, and already the coywolf thought that he had won her over. He leaned in some towards the female as she took a seat, and he had already prodded her with questions, keeping a grin on his face as Bangle, like always, invaded personal space.

"I'm sort of out to... clear my head." The words that could have come from a melodic bird itself reached his ears, yet ringing with flightiness. The large, red and gray furred ears atop his head swiveled, trying to detect exactly what was troubling her. It was none of his business, of course, but it didn't stop Bangle from trying, prodding gently through coaxing words. "I've never been one for the cold, but... I really needed some time away." Bangle nodded gently, almost understanding exactly what she meant. "Never ya fear, miss. Least yeh can go back someplace ya call home. I'm a traveler mehself, so I'm always gettin' away." But when he spoke, he thought of that white female, and for a moment he questioned why he was avoiding her this whole time, and yet he still stayed within the confines of Cercatori d'Arte. Bangle almost wished he hadn't mentioned getting away, hinting that he would soon be leaving behind everything that was slowly becoming familiar to him. 'It's too soon..' he told himself, turning away from the female beside him and looking out into the harsh blanket of winter.

He missed the sun being out, that was true. He hadn't been out for quite some time, and Bangle loved the outdoors. It was if it called to him - the birds singing their freedom, the rays of sunlight finding him even in the darkest of places, begging to meet the traveler; Bangle couldn't resist, not on a clear day in the middle of winter, and on impulse he rushed to meet the white sheet of the world.

The female's words of thankfulness nearly escaped him, too lost in his thoughts as he stared out into the open winter. His tail wrapped around him just then, sitting criss-crossed before his things. The light snow that began to fall didn't hinder him in the slightest, what he was more concerned about was if the branches of the tree above them would drop their heavy load. His eyes merely glanced at his items, and then he looked sideways at the female who asked him a question in the frosty air. "As fer me, I can't stay cooped up all winter. No matter how cold it is, the outdoors always call me." It was true, for the most part. He needed the fresh air, and a traveler like himself couldn't stay in one place for too long. It was like sitting still in snow, letting one get the chills from ears to tail. Besides, frosty toes were not at all fun.

Just then, the female chimed in with introductions of her own, her voice sounding like the tune a mother would use to put her children to sleep. It was soothing, comforting, even in the most shocking of tones. "There's no need t'be so formal, miss Ciel!" Bangle said, smiling slightly, humor flashing in the orange hues of his gaze. "Bangle Guffawri." He moved his hand from where they rested on his lap, and offered it to her to shake. As he registered her name, he also took into account the strange lilting accent that was present in the chocolate female's voice.

"Yer accent.. it's a little funny, eh?" Bangle questioned, the hint he gave to her to tell him where she was from. "All meh years of runnin' into folks, never heard that accent before." After all, getting to know a potential customer seemed to be a friendly angle to go in order to lure someone into buying something. It almost seemed impossible for the traveling coywolf to have a simple conversation without trying to convince someone of trading something with him, but having done it for years... it got him by. Therefore it was all Bangle even thought about. The hand that wasn't extended in greeting to the female ran through his dreadlocks just then, attempting to think of anything that meant decent conversation. But that wasn't what the coyote mix was out there for, he hadn't even planned for someone to come by his way today. He didn't mind, of course, it gave him someone to talk to while he worked, two pluses in his ever-working head.

<style>
.bangletravel p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.bangletravel b {color:#a27f7f; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #d7c6e0;}
.bangletravel-text {margin:20px 5px 20px 145px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#e1e4ff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #000;}
.bangletravel {width:463px; height:317px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#EED5DD; background-image:url(http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3810 ... ltable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: times new roman; font-size:14px; color:#383d73; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #171a35; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #3e5b75;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread