Cold and Hungry
[html]

WC: 365
Great! Big Grin Just a note; we have a standard about length here, and your last post wasn't quite long enough. Our length standard is somewhat fluid; you can either think of it as two sizeable paragraphs, often above 200 words, or as matching your co-posters length. More often than not, we use that last principle, however we have a contest running this month on being able to write 50 000 words within the end of January, so we're all writing a bit more than usual. You don't have to match my length of posts right now, but you should write longer than your last post Smile If you have any problems with how to make your post longer, you can have a look right here, for our RP-guide's section on post length Smile

She didn't respond to his questions, but he remained with her and waited anxiously for her to speak. She smiled, however, and he thought that if she was seriously weakened, she would not have done so. He had, after all, in his long life as a medic, seen many injured and weakened wolves. He knew how they worked - or rather, didn't work. Thinking of all kinds of scenarios, the male studied her as much as he could without being rude and poking her everywhere. He could see no blood in the snow around her, nor in her tracks, and assumed that except for the cold, she was relatively unharmed. His mind went through various remedies he could use in case she had other injuries that were possible for a lost child her age to get, as well as teas and wraps to help her with the cold. Eventually, though, it seemed as if she thawed somewhat, and spoke. The words were not many, but more than sufficient. Three days? And she was still alive? In this weather, too; Dawali easily considered her quite lucky. There were adult wolves out there who had about the same experience as this pup who would not have done so, he was certain. His heart stung when he realized the similarities between the poor pup's name and his own daughter's. The old man missed his family dearly, a fact he did not hide well and which any stranger could see pouring out of him where he sat with this poor frozen child. "Ayasha, would you like me to pick you up and take you somewhere where you can rest and eat?" There was no question on whether the child would be allowed in among them; she would surely die if not. "I'm Dawali," he said, hesitating a moment before continuing. "I am the Chief of a tribe that lives around here. You will be safe there, I promise." From bears, too. Another one taken by a bear; was it the same one? Certainly, their numbers must have grown for them to be up and going still. Only in periods where there was not enough food would they not hibernate.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread