Cold and Hungry
She noticed him studying her and figured that he was making sure she was fine. Which she was. She was just cold and hungry. She had been weaned when her mother died and so hadn't had any meat yet. She noticed that he was upset about hearing her name. "What's wrong?" She asked innocently. When he asked if she would like to be picked up, she nodded vigorously. She figured that being by him would help warm her up. When he said his name, she repeated it slowly, "Dawali." She perked up about food and sleep. "Yes. I hungry and cold and tired." She was worried she would be left alone again. She asked fearfully, "You no leave me?"

Ayasha looked at his horse and as if seeing it for the first time, said, "Horsie!" She looked up at him hopefully. "We ride horsie?" Though she remembered something. "I just weaned. What I eat?" She had no idea what she would be able to eat. But she liked the sound of being safe. "No bears?" she asked slightly frightened. Her experience with bears was rather scary. Her mother had died to allow her to escape. She had tears in her eyes. "I miss mommy."

Messages In This Thread