Cold and Hungry
[html]

WC: 365
Much better! Smile As another note, a 2 month old puppy in this universe is equal to a 5 year old child. It is likely that the puppy would be able to speak more complicated/complete sentences than what you are playing it out as (also it's cold and she's tired, so it's perfectly valid), but naturally there could be in-character reasons for why you are playing her like this. I just wanted to point out that as you play this growing puppy, this age chart we have developed may be helpful to determine on which approximate mental development level your character finds herself at different times Smile

He had forgotten how easily children could read adults. It was a special kind of talent they kept as young children, he had always believed, perhaps because in the beginning they used only body language to communicate, before words became available to them. Slowly, he knew, the sensitivity to body language faded to the words, but when he had been a more active father, before his daughters had grown up completely, he had been much better at adjusting his body language and not revealing all sorts of things. "Oh, nothing Ayasha. Your name is just very beautiful," he said. It wasn't a lie at all; her name was beautiful. Hoping it put a lid on her questions on his reaction, he said nothing more and instead scooped her up in his arms when she nodded to his question, immediately wrapping the blanket around her better, so it covered everything but her face. She didn't feel cold, but not particularly warm either, and children her age usually felt warmer than this. If they were small enough, their bodies were like little fires against one's furs, and while this one wasn't quite so young, she should still be warmer; there was no doubt about it. He moved toward the horse immediately, thinking of the comforts of a hut compared to this snowy outside, and that she needed food as well. The faster they got to the village, the sooner they could eliminate the chance of the poor girl becoming sick.

He chuckled warmly as she noticed the horse, so momentarily perky; it seemed as if she had forgotten for a moment the misery she was in, in such contrast stood this reaction to her state just minutes ago. "Yeah, her name is Belle. We'll ride her to the village where there are other wolves and fires and food. We can try some different things, I have meat, or fish for you, if you want." He smiled at her, discovering all over again how tiny creatures pups could be. She was small, even for the age he estimated her at. "Yeah, no bears Ayasha. I can promise you this." He was silent for a moment while making Belle ready; it was somewhat difficult to get on her while holding the child. But, despite his old age, with a little help from the fence, he managed to get across the back of the mare, noticing just then the small tears on the child's face. There was little he could do, and so he hesitated for a short moment before he put one hand on her head. "I know, Ayasha. I know." He had never lost a parent, but he had lost his mate. Some things could never be repaired, and the male found nothing else to say. Giving a softly spoken signal to the mare, the three started moving in the direction of the village at a steady trot. And then there would be safety.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread