this house is not a home. [j]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#fia01 { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 260px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #fefee2; font-family: "times new roman"; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia01 h1 { color: #fff; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold; margin-right: 15px; }
#fia01 p { margin: 5px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#fia01 .ooc { color: #525243; font-style: italic; }
#fia01 .speak { color: #ffad0e; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

SSWM: 247.

His voice screamed of his youth now. She still did not look at him, but she would bet that he had not yet had his first birthday. He was trying a little bit too hard, much like she had done when she had first greeted newcomers. She maintained her submission, knowing that it would be pleasing to him. He needed the ego boost, if he was anything like she had been at that age. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintence, sir," she told him, just enough sugar in her voice to make the honorific sound like a compliment. She was good at social games; she always had been. Her mother had said she could have been their leader someday. An alphess? Her? Hardly. Too much energy for not enough reward.

The next question was expected. Anathema. She memorized the name. She tried not to sound as if her answer was prepared. "I'm a fair hunter, sir, and I can mend clothing and materials. I can even practice some medicine. My mother was a medic, and she taught me." Her nerves were picking up a little bit. She could also brew a rather pleasant batch of alcohol, but she wasn't sure that it'd be to her advantage to tell him that. Oh, how she wished she could have stayed in her upright form and held her rosary. No, no, protocol always. She was good at protocol. But it sure as hell didn't mean she liked it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread