Smoke Signals
Psh! Tongue It was fine! And Ocèane is very believable. ^^ (327)

[html]

His sister’s hand was warm and comforting. Claudius glanced from their now-locked hands up to his sister’s face, hesitating only slightly this time. She smiled at him and he was glad she was being so brave for him. He felt his lips twitch in anticipation, but didn’t return her smile. He paused and glanced away for a moment and when he looked back at his sister, he too had a small, sad smile. He nodded when she replied, relieved she felt the same way. He knew they could rely on Dawali – he was the one constant in their life, the variable that never changed. He wished Dawali could have been his father, or that Tayui had made him his father. Maybe she would have stayed if she was in love with a good man. Maybe she wouldn’t have left him all alone if she had someone braver and stronger to make her realize how much better AniWaya was than any other silly pack.

Claudius glanced toward the horse when he saw Ocèane do so, mimicking her actions out of habit. He tightened his grip on his sister’s hand since he was still uncomfortable with a horse being so huge and so close.

Claudius returned his gaze back to his sister when she spoke again. He nodded as she spoke, but did not say anything until she finished. He didn’t want to interrupt her.

“Y-yeah,” he replied hesitantly. He didn’t want to say anything to scare her off after she had only just returned! “B-b-b-but I’m s-s-still here. I c-c-can be your… home,” he replied and blushed. It sounded weird, but it kind of made sense. “I-I mean… m… mom’s not here, but I-I am, and h-h-h-home is w-w-wherever the p-p-people you love a-are.” He fidgeted a bit with his fingers since now he felt embarrassed for saying that. It sounded so weird since they were brother and sister. Maybe it had been the wrong thing to say.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread