[DND]I'll Shoot You When You're Not Looking - M
[html]

Word Count: 400

She tilted her head at his statement; who did he think she was? But she didn’t press the matter onto him. He seemed different today, almost an entirely different person than the cheerful violinist that he had been when she had first met him. The way he stared at the book shelves like they were actually interesting was a strange sight to see. She was pretty sure he could read, but nevertheless, he seemed to have more on his mind than usual. Staring awkwardly down at her hands, she tapped her claws together and listened to him explain his injury.

Scars aren’t all that bad,” she assured him. “I know a thing or two about them.” Slowly she looked back down at her hands and opened up her right one, staring down at the word engraved on her palm. Such bad memories from an easily hidden mark…at least Jazper didn’t have a plainly written word on his body. “Scars tell stories, or help you tell them. You could tell your kids all about how you fought the big mean bear that dared to wander on Crimson Dreams territory,” she added lightly. He had fought bravely and the scars on his body would be a testimony to his victory. All she had was a mark that constantly reminded her of her stupidity and how quickly she could turn on friends.

She nodded. “Yes, you did…I guess he was far away or something, that’s why he didn’t come…” But she drifted off when she realized Jazper wasn’t finished yet. As his voice grew louder, the anger was impossible to ignore, and it was a surprise to Pixie. He called Savina’s mate a coward, accused him of getting drunk, and then the giant turned back away from her. She blinked a few times; rarely was she speechless, but hearing the absolute hatred in the male’s voice towards the mate of the leader of the pack made her so. Finally, she spoke up. “His name’s Kansas, right?” It sounded kind of stupid to ask, but she had never met the wolf before, and she thought it would be good to get her facts straight. “He hasn’t done anything particularly bad recently, has he? I mean, I haven’t heard of any sort of excitement going on, other than the bear…and like I said, he would just been too far away to get there in time…

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread