La Saoire Na Mairbh
[html]

SSWM:749

The call was familiar. It was the same voice that had called him home to bed so many nights. It was the voice that had been the only other voice he knew for the first few months of his life. It was his mother's voice and for as long as he lived he would never be able to forget it for as long as he lived. He heard it long after the howl had faded to nothing and his reaction to it was automatic. When Geneva called he came, no matter where he was coming from. Lately it was around the edges and borders of Phoenix Valley, if not right outside the pack land. Rarely did he spend his days lounging about the ranch as he did in his youth, but still he returned there every night. He had been returning there then when her call sounded and he turned tail and ran.

Arriving he found his mother in a somber mood, with his father alongside her. For a moment he considered the two of them, a pair, more of set than he had ever considered them before. They belonged next to each other. Had he been younger, or had the meeting seemed less formal, he might too have gone to their side but as it were he placed himself among the gathered members, trying to blend in as naturally as possible. It should have been natural, he was one of them, he liked all of them, but he felt strange and out of place and was relieved when his mother spoke and he could focus his gaze on her rather than anyone else. Ocean eyes stayed glued to her as her voice, so familiar and comfortable, washed over all of them.

As she spoke his heart hammered, she was being very open and honest with them all and he couldn't help but be swayed by her words. The slate colored kid wondered what his father thought just then, and he tried to catch the gaze of the one eyed gimp. Pripyat still understood little about the time before him, but he was learning more and more and finding that not all feelings from the past were pleasant. Yet they let them go. He wondered if Jefferson too had let go of whatever had kept Geneva and him apart in the time before his birth. Pripyat had little to let go of.

As Geneva finished speaking he focused on her final words. I will try again tomorrow. He was seven months now, and still unshifted. The Luperci blood ran in his veins but he had not had the urge to shift yet, and though he had focused on changing his body it did not come to him. He no longer knew if his four legged state was the result of his inability to shift or his unwillingness to try any longer, in case he did fail. Yet later, in private, he would try again. Tomorrow perhaps.

His focus shifted to Rendall as she spoke and he listened to her story, trying to soak in as much of it as he could. Yet as she drew near to finish speaking his heart began to hammer. He would be next to speak, it was only natural due to his proximity to the wolf. He thought of the last meeting, how Jefferson had asked them to speak and he had been unable to. Or unwilling, again he wasn't sure. Pripyat had been able to do that as a child, but now, now with an adult rank and his father looking at him from up front rather than beside him he couldn't keep silent. His mind raced for something to say, and when he opened his mouth he hardly knew what words were to come out, he had never really lost anything.

“A while ago I left Phoenix Valley for the first time. I went to Inferni. I lost my sense of comfort and security…”He did not look directly at anyone as he spoke, the young boy's mind wandering back over the meeting that could have turned out much worse than it had. He was still here after all. "But I gained a sense of adventure. I think I want to travel more."He swallowed and looked then at Mother and Jefferson, ocean eyes meeting their gaze. It had been something he was wanting to tell them for a while now, had been scared to say, and now the whole pack knew.

<style type="text/css">
.Pripyat_road1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#42536f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Pripyat_road1 .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#45607d; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Pripyat_road1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Pripyat_road1 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#E5DE9A; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Pripyat_road.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 275px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a4a3a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Pripyat_road1 {width:450px; border:0px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread