La Saoire Na Mairbh
[html]

5+

Geneva's call had settled amongst the packlands and Tala knew without a doubt what it had signified. A meeting of the pack, though this would be the first she was attending since her joining the Valley Pack's ranks, she knew it was just as important whether it would be her first, her eighth or her last. The female had been at home when she had heard the summoning, so the trek to where she recognized the graveyard was her destination. Why would the second call them to such a place? It seemed peculiar to her, but she would not question it. Geneva was not the type to do such things without much thought or reason to it. She was curious, and that emotion lead the speed she used. She moved in quick, straight lines, her pads moving quickly beneath her feet.

Once arriving to the mouth of the yard Tala could smell many wolves already here, she had not been the first to arrive, but she certainly wasn't the last either. Her movements slowed to a casual walk at that point. Tala was sure to walk on paths, even though these graves were human and worn from time and age, she still knew the respect they had once been given. Treading over a grave was rude to those who lay within and the people who had once mourned, loved and respected the deceased. It may have taken her big more time to wind across the yard than just cutting through, but Tala preferred it this way.

She met the small gathering with a nod of hello, she did not want to disturb any speaking. She quickly understood what they were called here for, to respect those they had lost. This seemed to hit Tala directly in the chest, her heart seemed to slow as she knew she would have to speak about the past events. She took a seat beside where Noah had situated himself, she gave a friendly smile to her brother like friend and sat in a calm, low manor. She waited until nobody was speaking before her tongue took off. "I've been around death since I was a pup. I was born amongst a civil war within my pack that killed many undeserving wolves. My father was one of them, he died fighting for me and my mother, trying to give us a better, free life that he felt we had deserved." Her words seemed to tense, emotion flooding from her chest into her mouth. Sorrow still lingered at the memory, but she had elarned to accept it. "My mother passed after we left the pack seeking a new home, disease had claimed her when she was still young. She had told me not to fret about being alone, that it would make me shape my own path. I truly believe her words were right, these events had lead me to know I am today, and I would not change a thing. My family's deaths were tragic, but I respect what they were fighting for, and therefore their deaths. Without losing them, I would be a different person, and I thank both my parents for what they did for me." It had been a long time since they had passed, but Tala would never forget them. Their faces and their voices. They were stuck there until she herself died.

The dappled fae let her head dip in respect for both her lost loved ones and the losses and renewals that the others spoke with. As much as she respected those she once knew and now could no longer grasp, she respected those she had never knew. It was a part of life, death. Tala embraced that. She did not fear it, instead she knew that her death was a start for something else. Someone else. How could she ever get upset about that?

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread