You Are What You Love
[html]

706 Do you mind if this is dated something after Dec 28 and before Jan 1?

Nothing was permanent, it was a universal truth that Nayru had come to understand. Just as the water froze and melted and transformed every year and the river tore at the banks and molded and changed the river banks, everything and everyone was constantly shifting. People especially were constantly creating themselves anew and being molded by those around them, whether the changes were noticeable or so subtle that one could be fooled into a false sense of permanence. "I'll love you forever" never meant "I love you forever", it only meant "I love you for as long as I am able" or "I love you until my feelings for you change". Nayru knew this, despite not knowing love, and she also knew that she was helpless to change the fact. It was merely the way of the world.

The issues laid heavy on her heart that day, as she strolled the river banks of the stream leading out from Oberon's Spring and into the ocean. Already Dahlia de Mai had changed so drastically since the time she had arrived, and only now had she noticed. Her core group of Dahlians had stayed constant, Gideon, Bris, Conor and Saluce, but they were not so stable it seemed. Conor and Bris had brought into the world another soul. Eclipse was growing at an alarming rate, as puppies were prone to do, and Nayru was amazed to see the changes that took place day by day. Eclipse's body was not permanent by any means. Saluce could come and go on a whim it seemed, and though he had returned shortly after their bitter encounter what was to keep him from leaving again? Only his word that he wouldn't, and as Nayru knew, words meant little. Saluce couldn't stay forever, none of them could. If their own paws didn't take them away, death would someday. Perhaps the most terrifying thought for the fae was that Dahlia de Mai itself wasn't permanent. It was only as stable as its members, and as living beings none of them were as stable as they thought.

Yet it wasn't Dahlia de Mai that clouded her thoughts as step after step brought the tiny framed female along the stream. Gideon was. Gideon and his feelings and thoughts were also in a constant flux and lately Nayru had trouble understanding him as wholly as she had in the past. Idly slim fingers fondled the crimson amulet that hung from the delicate chain around her neck. A gift from the boy, and she didn't know quite why but whenever she touched the charm she thought of him and was happy. He had never made her anything but happy in the past, but the feelings she felt now were new. Strange. Nayru too was vulnerable to the natural flow of the universe and the natural evolution of her body, mind and spirit. To pin point when these changes had occurred was impossible, it had been one of those subtle changes that she had overlooked. Taken their friendship for something permanent, incapable of changing. She had been foolish.

Without realizing how long she had been walking Nayru reached the shore, the ocean before her and the stream pumping it's fresh water into the salty liquid. Crimson eyes swept the beach, the water, the sky. It didn't look the same as it had the day before and the knowledge of such changes caused a pang in her heart. When she could walk no father without resorting to swimming the two toned girl turned about and walked back in the other direction, her mind once more lost with the images of others. It was a rare event for her to let herself be so fully absorbed in her own thoughts that she forgot her surroundings. Never did she allow herself the luxury when she was outside of the pack lands, and even within Dahlia de Mai most of her musings went along with her over vigilante habits. Every scent and sound was detected by the girl, she never let herself be caught unaware but for today. Perhaps she couldn't help it. Even the most structured of canines lost themselves at times, nothing was permanent, nothing was certain, not was completely reliable.

<style type="text/css">
.nayberry b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec1414; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayberry-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#ec1414; text-align:right; }
.nayberry p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.nayberry {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... /nayru.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread