we fall down on the inside. [p]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#fia01 { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 260px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #fefee2; font-family: "times new roman"; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia01 h1 { color: #fff; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold; margin-right: 15px; }
#fia01 p { margin: 5px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#fia01 .ooc { color: #525243; font-style: italic; }
#fia01 .speak { color: #ffad0e; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

It's fiiiine, love. Smile Setting this after my thread with Scorpius, for the sake of plotness. Hope that's all right. SSWM: 500.

She was making good headway on her mending. Her pile of clothing to mend was getting smaller, and her bag was getting fuller. Each piece, she gave the utmost focus and attention, although not so much as to not pay attention to what was around her, which was nothing and nobody. She would not be caught off guard due to not paying attention to her surroundings. That had happened before, and it was never good. Especially not when it had led to her capture. No, she would not be caught in such a predicament again. Never again.

Fiachra saw the male only moments before his voice touched her ears. She gazed at him, face calm and analyzing, and then smiled vaguely as she re-threaded her needle. "Hello, good sir. How do you do?" she replied casually, stabbing the needle into a pin cushion and rising from her seat against the tree. She took a moment to brush her clothing off, then stepped toward him and offered her hand politely. "Pleasure to meet you. I am Fiachra Gervase - and you are?" Her smile did not fade as she stood in front of him. She was in a fairly pleasant mood, a rare exception to the rule from what she was like before coming here, and it showed.

Of course, her mood was not as good as it could be. Despite being here for a few days, she had only had bits and pieces of conversation with anyone. It didn't help matters that she mostly kept to herself. Friendly though she could be, she was rather socially inept, preferring to keep to the confines of her own mind much of the time rather than deal with others. She could find plenty to think about; finding someone to talk to about her thoughts was a different story. She wasn't even sure that anyone here could keep up with such a conversation - did they have books here? Did they read them? She was unsure. She had a few books on her table at home, removed from her bag when she brought it here to work.

She glanced toward her work, then back at the male, and smiled again. "I was just sitting and doing some mending from the journey here. Would you care to join me?" The offer was not empty; she would welcome company, even if she had to keep the conversation fairly simple. She had yet to try to hold a complex conversation with another here, and she didn't dare attempt it. What if she looked like a know-it-all? Or worse, what if they accused her of trying to become more human, as some from home had? The legends of humans were fearsome, and she didn't appreciate anyone drawing a likeness between such a horrifying creature and herself. No, best to keep quiet for now. Certainly, if there was anything to be discussed, someone else would be willing to bring it up, and thus permit her to speak of it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread