we fall down on the inside. [p]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#fia03 { width: 400px; background: #87d6df url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead03-1.png') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 285px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia03 p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#fia03 .ooc { color: #3e511e; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#fia03 .speak { color: #3e511e; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

SSWM: 468.

As the male introduced himself, Fiachra laughed softly. She held herself firm as he tried to shake her hand, then realized that she was, rudely enough, still laughing. She shot him an apologetic glance and explained, "I don't mean to laugh, but.. I met a young boy earlier, looking for you. Your brother, Scorpius. He seemed very eager to find you, but alas. If he knew I had found you, he might just be jealous." She didn't mention Naniko in this - too awkward. How would one say to a new acquaintance, 'by the way, I'm obsessed with your mother'? Better to leave that one alone. She laughed again, settling down and picking her mending back up off of the ground. There was still more than enough to be done, and she could socialize just as well with a needle and thread at work in hand as she could without. Best to get things done.

She answered questions as she jabbed the needle neatly through torn fabric. "I'm well, thank you," she said first. Then she added, "Still settling in. Meeting people. It's rather interesting - where I came from, everyone already knew me." Of course they had known her. She had been heir to the throne. But they'd never really known her, deep inside.. and they might not even recognize her anymore. The scars on her body didn't show through her fur, but the ice in her eyes was a clear marker of how much her experiences had hardened the once-soft princess. She leaned back against the tree as she folded another finished piece and fitted it into her bag. The memories were trying to flood back. She pushed them off, closing her eyes and, with them, her mind. Just for a moment, to clear it.

When she opened her eyes, another question awaited her. She began mending a shirt. "Yes, I am new," she replied simply. It occurred to her that she was being unsociable, so she began to speak again. "I came from the other side of the burnt lands. It was very far away, a long journey. I came here to start fresh." She omitted the part about being kidnapped, taken hostage and held captive by cruel, abusive males who scarred her body and mind. He didn't need to know that. "My home was very different from yours. Did you know, I have not seen a single book except for my own here?" She made a face of overly dramatized disbelief, then stopped short and glanced at him nervously. "Mm, I'm sorry," she said. "Do you know what a book is? I don't know if they exist here..." She hoped she'd not made a fool of herself. Then, if he hadn't seen a book before, she might have someone to share hers with. Wonderful!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread