we fall down on the inside. [p]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#fiajames01 { width:400px;border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... atab-1.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:210px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ffedf2; }
#fiajames01 p { text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-size:10px;color:#39171f }
#fiajames01 .ooc { text-align:center;font-style:italic; }
#fiajames01 .speak { color:#a60017;font-weight:bold; }
</style>

SSWM: 548.

Fiachra could sense the annoyance in her companion without the glance she cast at him. She was trying hard not to stare; her way of getting to know people was occasionally unnerving. She chose instead to listen, to keep her eyes on her work, to sense what she needed to know about Harlowe. Naniko was his mother; that was awkward enough. Her mind kept wandering back to her snow white queen as it was. She refocused, went over what else she knew. Scorpius was his brother; a younger brother, clearly enough. She could see where being followed everywhere would be annoying; it had been annoying when Fedora had done it, and they were even the same age. She couldn't imagine what it's be like if the age gap had been larger. She might have gone completely batshit insane.

She pondered his next words, then nodded slowly. It was nice to be somewhere new, somewhere fresh and clean and without the taint of history. "I think, it's more that I'm glad for nobody to know me," she said softly, with meaning. She was afraid to be known truly by anyone. God forbid that anyone see her scars, either physical or mental. She was glad nobody here had known her before, particularly - then they would see the change, the change that she felt so deep within her. She wanted nobody to know the foolish, naive little girl she had once been. That girl had gotten herself into trouble; that girl had brought this pain and suffering upon herself. Now, when Fiachra closed her eyes, the only thing that could bleach the memories was Naniko. White for bleach, white for purity, white for everything good in the world, if there was still good in the world to be had.

The response about his pack history surprised her. "But.. this is your mother's pack.." She blinked, feeling confused, then swallowed hard, guilt at her prying settling in. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be critical. I come from a different place. I lived in my parents' pack until the day... eh, until the day I left home. I had the Itch, my mother said. I.. I ended up here." She cringed, she'd nearly opened up. She felt she needed to quiet down, not keep on this subject. She would only get herself into trouble again. Harlowe might be Naniko's son, but that didn't make him trustworthy.

The news that he could read made her grin. "Oh, I love books!" she exclaimed, her excitement apparent. She set her work aside and turned, looking straight at him with a grin across her face. "My parents taught me to read, too," she told him, tapping her fingers on her legs to expend the massive amount of energy that she had just built up. "My favourites are dystopian books, like Animal Farm.. have you read that? George Orwell is so good! And I liked Of Mice and Men too - I have both of those books at my den. If you haven't, you should read them. What do you like to read?" She knew she was rambling, but this was the first shot she'd had at a good conversation, and she was rather attached to the idea of getting as much in as she could.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread