Today's just another day.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.skyk b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a543a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyk p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyk {width:400px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/sky.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-color:#abb5be;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#524b4b;}
</style>

Anyone from any pack may join. :3 I don't plan on killing off Sky though, if we can avoid it. She's like... my only character.

And... +618 words! Big Grin NEW PERSONAL RECORD!

-------------------

Oops. Maybe this whole idea was a big mistake.

Sky sat up high in the tree, among the highest branches, looking around with worried eyes to try and find something she recognized. Sure, following a scent was easy-peasy. But trying to track that scent when the cold weather had decided to mess with your health? Girl had a sinus cold, god dammit! It felt terrible, and now, after trying to impress the pack with a good winter's hunt, little halfling had gotten herself utterly lost.

It had been quite a challenge getting up this high into a pine tree, and she felt the stupidity of her idea seeping in with every scrape and cut she now had. This place was horrible! Cold, dark, wet and muddy, she'd easily lost her own scent, what little of it she could smell, and now nothing smelled like anything above the steely scent of her own cuts.

Her eyes didn't catch anything of interest from where she sat high up on a bending branch. Even if they had, she didn't have time to get in a good look, because... snap! Branch cracked under her weight as she leaned out a bit, and poor girl went crashing down like a rock. With a heavy thud, she hit the padded needle floor and let out a cry of shock and discomfort. It took a few seconds of just laying there, staring up at the canopy, for Sky to realize she'd fallen so far, and that now she was sore and muddy on top of lost and scratched up. She scowled. Great. Now what?

Sitting up, and shaking the needles off her back with a few skin-only flicks of her fur, our little Optime-formed mistress of music looking around, considering the few options she had left. One; she could sit around, wait, and hope for a rescue to come along, preferrebly from Cercatori D'Arte and not some other unknown pack. Two; she could wander and try and find her way out of the thick woods, but that would mean leaving her own territory, if she hadn't already done so. Three; she could howl for help, though she doubted her voice would break very far with how dense the tree here were. Four; she could wait for death to claim her, be it by starvation or exposure. A sad fate for a lovely young girl, but her overdramatic mind made it a surprisingly likely option.

...Shaw and Skye are bound to have a mighty laugh at this one when I get home. That scowl became worse, brows pursed together and lips tight. Her ears flicked around for sounds, but she heard nothing. Not just nothing of interest; other than the very slight wind and very distant cry of a chickadee, girl was surrounded in an eerie silence, one that cut her nerves like butter. ...it's so.. dead here. Eyes wandered around for movement, but nothing but the trees held any sort of life, and even then, only the slightest flick of a needle in the highest branches caught her eye. ...how can anyone want such a horrible place?

Making up her mind, if only to bring some sort of sound to the area, Sky stood and shuddered, hugging her arms around herself to try and keep from doing so again. "...I guess... it's better than nothing... right?" Clearing her throat, she tossed her head back and let out a sweet, sing-song howl, one she was famous for. It normally carried easily, but this time, the trees seemed to eat away the echoes, leaving only empty air after the cry. "...woah... creepish." Settling down on the fallen branch, she sighed, tucking tight. ...I hope someone heard me.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread