Like trying to save an ice cube from the cold
[html]

WC 417

Scorpius's teeth hit home and his jaws latched down like a death grip. As Harlowe spun around in confusion and surprise the pup swung on his tail, a heavy weight bearing down on the pale man's rear. It only lasted a fraction of a second, though, before Scorpius's maw loosened and his hold on his brother's tail slipped. He trailed down the appendage, tearing little chunks of fur out in his teeth as he went, and clattered to the ground. He hit the stone cave floor hard and rolled, but recovered swiftly and popped right back up to all four paws. His chest puffed out in satisfaction as he trotted up to his brother, who was turned around but likely realized the weight that had fallen from his own rear with a thump. Scorpius laughed wholeheartedly, clearly pleased with what he had done.

“Hey Harlowe!” He yelped in joy. “I surprised ya, didn't I? I think I'm becoming a good hunter. I bet ya didn't even know I was there!” He chuckled again and hopped on his forepaws, circling Harlowe's feet until he became so excited that he reared back onto his hind paws and propped his front paws against Harlowe like a dog who was excited to see it's master... or a puppy who was excited to see his brother.

His ears twitched with excitement and he barked up at Harlowe. “We should go hunting together soon. Hey, whatcha doin' right now? You didn't think I was going to forget about ya, did you? It's okay, I'll always find you.” He nudged at Harlowe's hand, oblivious to the man's tenseness or the fact that he was just swiping at air from the prank the pup had played. The little whooshing sounds of air billowing in and out came from Scorpius's dark nose as he worked to take in the scents on his brother's hands, interested in what he had just been up to.

“Are you heading back in to sleep? Race ya!” He chirped out the words just before dropping back down to all fours and jogging off into the darkness of the cave. He was gone for a moment, but soon the pitter-patter of his puppy paws preceded him in the passageway as he pranced back into perception. He was eagerly awaiting Harlowe's pursuit and his brother clearly was taking too long. He yipped at his brother and circled him again. “You comin'? Hey, did you bring anything to eat?”

<style type="text/css">
.scorpiusskullfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3700; letter-spacing:1px; }
.scorpiusskullfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.scorpiusskullfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.scorpiusskullfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1B0601; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/nog9b7.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FF7F00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread