Fabric of the past
[html]

Hi there Big Grin

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Even though the hut was dimly lit, the patterns stitched into the shirt were visible enough so that Bindu's dark eyes could make them out. She traced the lines absently with a claw, but her mind was elsewhere. Even though it could not compare, the shack reminded her of the ranch house, the place with smooth floors and quiet white walls. The place of memories ... of Geneva, Jefferson, Pripyat, and Grace. She'd walked away from there, promising to herself that she'd return. Bindu let herself return to reality, where she placed the cloth back in its drawer and slid it shut.

Through the smell of damp wood and coldness, the teen smelled something different. Alive. Her body turned to face the door, but then she was a statue. A few moments ... nothing. Could she have been imagining things-

"Hello!" A face appeared out of nowhere, its corresponding body filling the doorway; the wolfdog cringed. Light fell in shafts around the stranger's body and blurred a few features, but Bindu gathered that it was a female Luperci. She tried to keep calm, although her nerves were tugging insistently in the company of another. "Hello," the teen echoed, glancing around for a second exit. The stranger seemed friendly, but it was better to have options than to be trapped.

There was no backdoor.

It was best to be careful, then. An anxious smile tugged at the girl's lips as she spoke quietly, "I'm sorry, is this your house? I didn't mean to intrude ..." She was suddenly very conscious of her optime body, and how small and thin she was. Ugly. Weak. In solitude, shifting was okay, but with another wolf watching it was unbearable.

Bindu pushed through her discomfort and continued, "-but I couldn't help myself. Human things are frightening, yet strangely fascinating." She felt proud at having spoken so much, and imagined shy little butterflies flitting out of her stomach as she waited patiently for a response.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread