Fabric of the past
[html]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The teen almost erupted in giggles- she cast the lady a wry, dark-lashed look instead. "No, I'm not very artistic at all," she confessed, and a smile still lingered despite the hopeless words. A while ago, Bindu had been upset by her own lack of talent, but since then she'd learned to laugh at herself. And there was a lot to laugh at. Musical instruments were too confusing, cooking was useless without a fire, acting and dancing required too much emotional and physical coordination. Her voice wasn't terribly out of tune, but it was small and simple, not by any means beautiful. In addition, the girl could neither read nor write well, and although words intrigued her she was too stupid to learn how to decipher them.

Bindu came to the conclusion that she was too stupid to learn anything. Everything that had happened in the past lead her to this plain fact; her pain, suffering, hunger, misfortune. She gazed at Axelle quietly, a grin on her young face. "I'm not worth teaching." Black eyes flickered away, fingers rubbing the red bandana looped so carelessly around her neck. Though she tried to be lighthearted, the bad thoughts were discouraging. Shameful. "Not very smart, I guess."

Axelle provided a useful distraction, displaying a curious little box. With a whirl of her fingers, it sprouted a small flame. The teen made a quiet sound of awe -a squeak, more like it-, eyes as wide as pools. She reluctantly tore herself away from the lighter to fulfill Axelle's task, burning with curiosity. Where did one find a little box like that- one that grew fire like bean plants?

She walked around the shack to where the walls had blocked some snow from falling, thinking that there must be some dry twigs there. Bindu was not disappointed; there was a crackling carpet of sticks and leaves piled high. Rummaging around, she also found a few bigger logs, perhaps cut by a passing wolf who'd forgotten them. Everything was gathered up in the hybrid's thin arms, so that she left a trail of flaky plant matter behind her when she walked. Beaming, she carefully placed the kindling and the logs at Axelle's feet, eager to see what would become of them.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread