Fabric of the past
[html]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Axelle's words hit home; Bindu shriveled inwards like a burning leaf.

Maybe at one point the teen had been genuinely interested in learning some sort of art, but she'd long since given up on herself. Besides, during the course of her few months of life, she'd learned enough; that other wolves were often so much smarter, and that all she was able to do well was follow directions. The girl's mind was, in many ways, like a block of wood; lacking in personality, but able to be whittled into something useful by skilled hands. She could not even fathom the idea of shaping herself to become something more than just useful- beautiful.

Bindu watched the chiaroscuro-pelted female arrange the wood carefully, fiddling with the flame-box somewhere within the pile's depths. Perhaps for other, intelligent individuals, the thought and learning process was efficient, but in the girl's case it was only frustrating. How long had it taken her to adjust to the Valley- three months? Four months? And still, she was barely taking adequate care of her fragile body, struggling to merely survive- that alone was proof of her incompetence.

There was still a spark in her, however, a curiosity that craved kindling. Yes, the wolfdog wanted to learn, but now the yearnings were more fanciful than serious. And she felt very guilty about it, as Axelle's words echoed in her flooding head; Bindu didn't want the lady to think of her as lazy. No, it wasn't her own choice that prevented the growth of education, but the block of wood that was her mind, just sitting still and waiting to be whittled for a new use.

Within a few moments, a fire blossomed from the wood. Bindu's nerves were soothed, but a seed of discomfort was still rooted deeply in her skull; she gave Axelle an uncertain smile and took a seat near her, though edged a little closer to the flames for warmth. "Ah, um, yes- well, no, I guess not?" she offered bashfully. Talking about herself for so long was making her extremely anxious- was she making the right impression?

"I learn too slow," peeped Bindu, pretending as if that had somehow answered Axelle's inquiries. Then she was quiet, huddled before the orange-red flames with her deep black eyes, waiting.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread