Ashes to ashes
[html]

I'll be waiting here to meet you

Colibri’s life had started in these gray lands, and had always evolved around both the area and the beings that had inhabited it. It had slowly crumbled into nothing but scattered dreams that once had been reachable. Colibri could do nothing but shrug it away and wear her imaginary mask. Together with age, her ability to distance herself and fake moods had increased greatly, and so it was not hard playing a protector. Find somewhere new sounded simple and was simple. It did not get any more complicated than they made it, and Colibri did not care for details. It was not needed, because everything was in a mess at moment being, the fire had not even died yet, down there in the remaining Bleeding Souls lands. It would never reach the mountain, so Colibri forgot it all and looked another way, into the future, whatever was waiting and within reach.

Colibri’s ears perked and she let her absent gaze return to the face of the miniature Ceres covered in ash rain. It was the words she had wanted to hear. Colibri had no habit of trusting strangers like this, but Cercelee did have a good point, and Colibri would easily admit for herself that she too was tired of being completely alone. That was why she had joined Storm, wasn’t it? She wanted to be close to other beings again, no matter how fragile their bonds were. A child of Ceres was most welcome. It was a foolish and haunting decision. To embrace someone that is so similar to someone she had lost long time ago. Cercelee could never be Ceres, and Colibri hoped she would not make a mistake by forgetting that very fact.

” I do agree with you, Cercelee. Feel free to come with me and dive into these new lands. Better be lost together than on our own. ” Colibri smiled once more and blew on the yearling, and as result a few pieces of ash abandoned the white female’s fur. ” If you are hungry, it would be a good idea to grab a few pieces from the roe there. It was easy to take down, because it was wounded. Hard to know when the next meal will arrive. ” Colibri was a good hunter, but she did not want to take anything for granted either. The two of them could not eat the whole carcass alone, and they could not take it with, so filling up their bellies now before the journey was important.

Dying to meet you

[/html]

Messages In This Thread